From F-4C to F-4E

Hello,

Not being able to by/find Promodeller/Monogram or Hasegawa F-4E, having a Revell F-4C and always wanted to build that bird in Hellenic Air Force colours, one single thing is on my mind - to make a mess by doing conversion. So, F-4C to E.

It's possible and I'll do it no matter what, so guys, I need your help. Any suggestion, idea, blueprints or pictures that you have are welcomed !

In this topic, you're allowed to be a "rivet counter", because I'll be one this time ! :cheers:

So, let's start. Front part are completely different, top of the wings and horizontal stabilizers, but I need everything in detail...

First thing that I noticed is nose and I did some comparison, roughly :

1_zpshna37c2z.png

lookavf4_1_04_zpskh3pcgqw.png

Thanks for looking and your support !

Cheers,

Nenad

So, F-4C to E. ... It's possible and I'll do it no matter what ....

Nenad,

I admire your resolve, but question your sanity .... :rolleyes:/>/>/> (just joking)

Seriously, you're taking on a massive conversion in the face of excellent kits being out there with just a little searching (unless you live in a very desolate place and don't even have access to ebay?). You might even try the ARC classifieds and look for a Hasegawa "parts kit" if you're intent on doing the conversion. You could also look for parts from the old Fujimi (does not have slats) or Italeri/ESCI E model kits. The ESCI kits are very good except for the cockpits.

Here are some major items you'll need to change (besides the very obvious nose section and nose wheel door ) for a Hellenic F-4E:

- Slatted wings including unique wing tips

- Slotted stab

- Long exhaust cans

- Slime Lights

- Cockpit changes (try inexpensive True Details resin)

- Possibly intake shoulder mounted antennae, antenna array on top of nose, as well as bottom of gun (great pictures here)

I assume you have the raised line 1/48 Monogram F-4C (?), so you'll have to either fabricate raised lines or scribe all the parts.

Good luck.

Gene K

Edited by Gene K

Nenad,

I admire your resolve, but question your sanity .... :rolleyes:/>/>/>/> (just joking)

Seriously, you're taking on a massive conversion in the face of excellent kits being out there with just a little searching (unless you live in a very desolate place and don't even have access to ebay?). You might even try the ARC classifieds and look for a Hasegawa "parts kit" if you're intent on doing the conversion. You could also look for parts from the old Fujimi (does not have slats) or Italeri/ESCI E model kits. The ESCI kits are very good except for the cockpits.

Here are some major items you'll need to change (besides the very obvious nose section and nose wheel door ) for a Hellenic F-4E:

- Slatted wings including unique wing tips

- Slotted stab

- Long exhaust cans

- Slime Lights

- Cockpit changes (try inexpensive True Details resin)

- Possibly intake shoulder mounted antennae, antenna array on top of nose, as well as bottom of gun (great pictures here)

I assume you have the raised line 1/48 Monogram F-4C (?), so you'll have to either fabricate raised lines or scribe all the parts.

Good luck.

Gene K

Also the air conditioning intakes are shaped quite differently

The only problem with that, is Priority Mail International shipping of one Hasegawa F-4E to Serbia would be $48.45, while Registered First Class International would be $41.65!

That makes for a pretty expensive kit.

Larry

g

Exactly...

I'll stick to 1/72 F-4E for now, that's available here... :cheers:

Cheers,

Nenad

I'll stick to 1/72 F-4E for now, that's available here... :cheers:/>

Excellent choice of scale. ;-)

Should the available 1/72nd F-4E kits in your neck of the woods lack the intake DECM antennae, I have lots of spares.

HTH,

Andre

Nenad,

You could get a 1/48 Hasegawa F-4E delivered to Serbia for a grand total of under 40 USD from a reliable Japanese ebay store. If that's still too steep or (like me) you dread to deal with your country's customs office (and possible associated taxes), I agree this piece of information isn't of very much help. :D