Next is a Revel B-25 which I will convert into a 1950s RCAF Radar trainer for the CF-100 Canuck. Essentially all the nasty pointy things are removed and stuff is put on the insides to train the CF-100 crews.

Also, I will then have a turret I can give to Elmo so he can convert what is now HIS Tamiya Lancaster into a Canadian MkX.

Have two of these kits. Current plan is to do this one, then a RCAF VIP transport. Then I will take the old RCAF transport I did 10 years ago and make it into a target towing bumblebee.

The traditional in the box shot, Two kits in here......

DSC_0912.jpg

Then how it sits for today.

DSC_0913.jpg

Very basic interior paint. Seeing as it will not be visible there is little point wasting time on extreme detail.

DSC_0914.jpg

Also, I have no idea what gear was in the back of the real thing.Only photos I have ever found of the RCAFs Mitchell's are exterior.

Next is a Revel B-25 which I will convert into a 1950s RCAF Radar trainer for the CF-100 Canuck. Essentially all the nasty pointy things are removed and stuff is put on the insides to train the CF-100 crews.

Interesting choice of subject. I wish you would simplify your explanation of how it was modified for CF-100 Radar training, though. This is a bit of a technical subject!

:rolleyes::woot.gif:

:unsure:

ALF

Thinking of doing the one in the middle again, as I used the wrong version 10 years ago.

DSC_0946.jpg

Then I will take that middle one, strip it, fix it and then paint it yellow and black to become a RCAF target tug. If I can find the serial number from the real thing. There was only a couple of them and I still have not found what the airframe numbers were.

Know one was stationed in CFB Trenton in the late 50s.

Hmmm. Low visitor count to the thread. Not surprising, considering most of us had just had our morning coffee by the time you were finished!

Good work.

ALF

• 4 weeks later...