Quick Boost Engine question

I have been trying to find a good answer to this for a while, what do you use to drill through the resin of Quickboost engines? Every review that I see or someone using them they drill through them to attach the props.

What do you use? I tried using a drill press but that didnt work out very well...

Mike

What didn't work?

I just drilled through a resin ship's hull for the mounting rods. Drilled the pilot hole from below by hand so I could get them centered on the keel. I then placed the hull upright on the drill table and drilled through from above to ensure the holes were normal to the ship's bottom. I used the lowest speed and used a light touch on the handle.

fulmar-mount0_zps195r8w81.jpg

fulmar-mount1_zpspwojlzpf.jpg

Never found drilling into resin problematic...a drill press is way too 'upscale' for this, however! A good set of twist-drills (ideally down to the so-small-you-can't-find-it-until-there's-a-hole-in-your-finger size) is invaluable for modelling. Start small and work up until you get the right size hole.

"Nobody wants a 1/4" drill -what they want is a 1/4" hole" (Theodore Levitt)

What didn't work?

I just drilled through a resin ship's hull for the mounting rods. Drilled the pilot hole from below by hand so I could get them centered on the keel. I then placed the hull upright on the drill table and drilled through from above to ensure the holes were normal to the ship's bottom. I used the lowest speed and used a light touch on the handle.

Never found drilling into resin problematic...a drill press is way too 'upscale' for this, however! A good set of twist-drills (ideally down to the so-small-you-can't-find-it-until-there's-a-hole-in-your-finger size) is invaluable for modelling. Start small and work up until you get the right size hole.

"Nobody wants a 1/4" drill -what they want is a 1/4" hole" (Theodore Levitt)

Thanks Guys, I think it is possible I had the drill press set to high RPM wise. I do have an old yankee drill I think I will try and see how that goes. And yes, I will start with a smaller bit and work my way to larger as I think along with the high speed I tried drilling with to large of a bit first off.

Thanks again,

Mike