XF-84H 'Thunderscreech'

Have only recently become aware of this aircraft (& some of its issues).

I'm looking for recommendations on kits, books, & any other information on this aircraft.

Thanks.

Edited by GMK

CollectAire did the 'Screech' in 1/48th scale, though those are tough to find these days. Anigrand did it in 1/72 and it's still listed on their site here: http://www.anigrand.com/AA2059_XF-84H.htm . There are probably some vac kits out there as well. The Aerofax F-84 Swept Wing Variants book covered the H a bit as did the Experimental Fighters books by Jenkins & Landis. Otherwise it's pretty slim pickings out there.

Thank-you, gentlemen.

Despite the name, I'm guessing there isn't much commonality between the Thunderscreech and the Thunderjet?

The Screech is based off the Thunderstreak, not the Thunderjet and most of what is common between the two isn't with the Thunderjet.

There was an article in FSM describing a conversion to get the Thunderscreech, in the '90s to the noughties. Unfortunately I can't remember either the scale or what was the starting kit, perhaps even Lindberg's Thunderceptor...

You're thinking of the XF-88 turbo voodoo. It was in the May '95 issue, done using the Lindberg kit. They never did an article on the Thunderscreech

Charlie