Can anyone ID this flyover we had today in Eastern Iowa?

Dubuque IA, 12:45 PM, heading South to North. Hears a unusual loud rumble overhead.

bea3187d1aec3936aa30d45fd493688e.jpg

Ok, not the best photo obviously, but it's the best I got. I figure the crack team here at ARC would have answers. :thumbsup:/>

Keep in mind, the county fair just ended and this is all we got for excitement besides watching the corn grow and political candidates kissing babies and making promises. :smiley-transport008:/>

Edited by toadwbg

Did some more web searching. Perhaps a KC-135 refueling a flight of F-15s?

Some of the guesses on local media were pretty funny: B-29, C-130, Stealth Bomber, Air Force One, ven the Russians :smiley-transport006:

The big one is the one that releases the chem trails, the smaller ones are space orbs piloted by the reptilian overlords.

Actually, I can't really make out any engines under the wing so I'm thinking that it's this:

Brought to you by Xenu!

Xenu_space_plane.jpg

Dubuque IA, 12:45 PM, heading South to North. Hears a unusual loud rumble overhead.

bea3187d1aec3936aa30d45fd493688e.jpg

Ok, not the best photo obviously, but it's the best I got. I figure the crack team here at ARC would have answers. :thumbsup:/>/>/>

Keep in mind, the county fair just ended and this is all we got for excitement besides watching the corn grow and political candidates kissing babies and making promises. :smiley-transport008:/>/>/>

Was the formation following these guys......

564245_10201094067426635_735922342_n.jpg?oh=895b837f1378b376549f65fa9d7d4295&oe=564107F0

I actually heard them on the radio. I was en route from Aspen heading towards Boca and heard a call sign check on with the addition "chicks in tow". Couldn't get anything on what type the chicks were, but I mentioned to my FO must be a tanker. Small world.

I don't know if this is SOP, but could it be a tanker doing a drag for the Thunderbirds? They are doing a show in La Crosse, WI this weekend. Seems like Nellis to LSE would be a stretch for a F-16 non-stop.

I don't know if this is SOP, but could it be a tanker doing a drag for the Thunderbirds? They are doing a show in La Crosse, WI this weekend. Seems like Nellis to LSE would be a stretch for a F-16 non-stop.

I'm going yo LaCrosse this weekend (born and raised there) but didn't know the Tbirds were there too. My parents live across the river from the a airport and we like to watch them from the deck.

BTW, sorta reminds me of this:

9311.png.gif

I'm going yo LaCrosse this weekend (born and raised there) but didn't know the Tbirds were there too. My parents live across the river from the a airport and we like to watch them from the deck.

BTW, sorta reminds me of this:

9311.png.gif

I live right by La Crosse, just on the other side of the river in Minnesota, and the air show in La Crosse has been cancelled due to a large amount of road construction right by the airport.

Edited by achterkirch

The big one is the one that releases the chem trails, the smaller ones are space orbs piloted by the reptilian overlords.

You wouldn't be able to see them till they decloaked.

Regards,

Murph

Wouldn't the Tbirds or Blues be a 7 ship formation? Unless there's on hooked up we can't see.

A lot of times, #7 goes in ahead of time for media relations, get things ready for the rest of the team, etc, so it could be the T-birds. Blues just left Seattle on Monday, and it looks like the next stop for them isn't till the 15th and 16th in Chicago, so probably not them.

Edited by strikeeagle801

The LaCrosse airshow is cancelled this year. I would guess F-16s though, possibly MN ANG headed to Duluth.

It's possible there's a 7th aircraft hooked up. There's a gap in the formation.

Then again, with that many aircraft together, why an uneven number? Normally we would send out flights of at least two (with the exception of a 2v1 exercise) and any more would be in groups of two, flight of 4,6,6 and so on.