1/72 Trumpeter MiG-29 9.12

The kit isn't available but it seems to be in production.

http://www.trumpeter...t&a=show&id=237

55c1c1aa84adf.jpg

55c1c1b83d567.jpg

Assuming that the CAD model was used for the 4 views of the the painting guide and for the instruction sheet profile (*), then the shapes may not be bad at all. The only issue that strikes me is the opened auxiliary intakes (they should be shut when the engine aren't running). Appart from that, it's likely that it will be the best 1/72 MiG-29 for some time.

*: look at the T-38 painting guide and instruction sheet... the shape issues of the actual kit are visible there

Edited by Laurent

Well, best 1/72 Fulcrum kit until Zvezda finally releases theirs...in 2170 or whenever. "Zvezda Time" can be unpredictable.

I feel obligated to pick up a kit. I imagine the panel lines and details will be more accurate than Italeri's, while much easier to build than Condor's.

It looks like the wind shield eat into a fuselage at some degree which is OK to my eyes.

And no more weird louvered engine nozzles of the Italeri/ICM kits.

And the kit may end up buyable too: preorder price is 21.95€ at http://www.dersockelshop.de/ while the the HB Jaguar costs 27.50€. Price is more reasonable.

Well, best 1/72 Fulcrum kit until Zvezda finally releases theirs...in 2170 or whenever. "Zvezda Time" can be unpredictable.

It seems "Zvezda time" will be sooner, at my look it will be winter 2015-2016.

Edited by kotey

Thanks a lot, Alex!

Would it be too much to ask of you to show us a side view of the front fuselage to see if/ how the windscreen 'bites' into the fuselage (as opposed to the horizontal joining surface of all other 72nd scale kits so far...)?