1/72 Trumpeter MiG-29 9.12

Saul, thank you for you e-mails.

About our decals - mow i'm working about MiG-29 family stencil decals, and after that why not about MiG-29 part two? 271.gif/>/>

Oh, I will be placing orders when they come out! By the way, I buy from Scott's Model Works (eBay seller RebelAlpha). If you sell directly (and therefore make a bit more), let me know.

271.gif/>/>

I need to send you some photos of the Mi-8 and L-29 series too for 1/48th scale consideration! For some reason (probably a good one), your research and art accuracy remind me of the Travers sheets. The big difference is the quality of the decals since reproduction (which is different from research and art accuracy) on the Travers sheets I picked up during my travels through Eastern Europe (Poland, Czechoslovakia (yes, that long ago), Russia, and Bulgaria) weren't as good as Begemot.

Regards,

Edited by sharkmouth

Picked this kit up yesterday for £12 ($18). It's a bargain. Comparing it to Italeri's? There is no comparison, and I've always quite liked Italeri's. But the surface detail alone is so far ahead of Italeri's it's no comparison. Small cross sectional errors? You simply won't see them when built. So using that to attack is a case of "I know it's wrong" rather than "I can *SEE* it's wrong". The gun vents? They are a couple millimetres square. Using a high res image probably twenty times actual size on a monitor screen to critique them is easy. . in the hand? They look fine.

Is it perfect? Far from it. Will Zvezda's be better? I have no doubts (and when the 9-12 turns up in 2050 or whatever timescale Zvezda have for it we'll know like-for-like) All I'm saying is that for £12, this is emphatically £12 worth of model, and then some. In the pantheon of Trumpeter/Hobby Boss egregious shape errors, this is waaaaaay down the list. It's almost exactly the same scale of issue as their Flankers. . . you go "ho hum" at some of the errors and omissions but it's totally workable with minimum effort and the finshed model will look great.