1/72 Trumpeter MiG-29 9.12

Dont see any reason to get it over the Zvezda kit.

When is Zvezda to release a 9.12 (new one, not a Nakotne or Italeri rebox) ?

Edited by Laurent
Other than the panellines this honestly looks way too toylike. Dont see any reason to get it over the Zvezda kit.
When is Zvezda to release a 9.12 (new one, not a Nakotne or Italeri rebox) ?

My question exactly! While researching Fulcrums with teeth, I went from four to now six different schemes, so getting GWH kits is proving to be expensive!

I took more photos but don't know if it is needed or wanted. If they are, I will start a new thread.

Regards,

My question exactly! While researching Fulcrums with teeth, I went from four to now six different schemes, so getting GWH kits is proving to be expensive!

I took more photos but don't know if it is needed or wanted. If they are, I will start a new thread.

Regards,

Of course 9-13 will first in Zvezda releases, and BTW two of three marking scheme in inbox decals will be with sharkmouthes.

Well, I got the kit and I do like it but it does need help in refining.

The cockpit sidewalls are bare, devoid of any detailing. Fortunately for me, I have a complete assortment of PART & ACE PE detail sets to gild this Lily:

Trump72MiG29912SprueF1.JPG

That gun opening and vent are poor:

Trump72MiG29912SpruexFuselage7.JPG

Regards.

Maybe just me, but I'm not seeing any real advantages of this kit over the Italeri one.

Since I actually have each of the kits you mention in an unbuilt state, I can say I do see some real advantages.

Regards,

Please list, because from what I saw from the pictures of the Trumpeter kit, I wasn't impressed.

Please list, because from what I saw from the pictures of the Trumpeter kit, I wasn't impressed.

Some entries:

- windscreen that "goes into the nose"

- non-louvered engine nozzles

- better nose shape

- ? (I didn't buy the kit yet)

- better nose shape

- ? (I didn't buy the kit yet)

Well ... I have both, Italieri and Trumpeter - the second looks much much better than Italieri but the nose shape - Trumpy did it as "0" (oval cross section) it should be circle

Edited by Andzin

I guess I'm more easily impressed! :rolleyes:/>

I won't make lists since it would seem like I'm either defending my purchase or trying to sell it to you... neither of which I care to do. So instead, what about you look over photos by yourself of the kits side by side? I would have posted the photographs here but no one responded to my offer so they went to another site.

http://www.modelersalliance.com/forum/news-reviews-and-shows/151204-photo-review-trumpeter-s-72nd-scale-mig-29-9-12#245598

Regards,

I guess I'm more easily impressed! :rolleyes:/>/>

I won't make lists since it would seem like I'm either defending my purchase or trying to sell it to you... neither of which I care to do. So instead, what about you look over photos by yourself of the kits side by side? I would have posted the photographs here but no one responded to my offer so they went to another site.

http://www.modelersalliance.com/forum/news-reviews-and-shows/151204-photo-review-trumpeter-s-72nd-scale-mig-29-9-12#245598

Regards,

Thanks, that's much better. :thumbsup:

Sorry, I'm not trying to be a dick about it, but in my position, I'm trying to see if spending about $30 USD for the Trumpeter kit would be justified when I can find a second-hand Italeri kit with the Pavla cockpit set & corrected nose for a little less. From the earlier picture that you posted on this thread, I didn't see much improvement. The Trumpeter molds do show improvement, specially the landing gear. The cockpit looks slightly better, but it could still use a better cockpit. The weapons look nice.......

But as I said, maybe it's just me.......

I would have posted the photographs here but no one responded to my offer so they went to another site.

Thanks for the photos. The Trumpeter kit looks like a welcome improvement, apart from the dreadful cockpit (although the seat beats the Italeri one, but that was a given).

I think it's pretty nifty that it includes the tow bar. Granted, I've no idea if it's more accurate than Armory's resin one.

I'm on the fence whether I'd get this or wait until the year 3500 AD when Zvezda finally releases their own 1/72 MiG-29A.

I think it's pretty nifty that it includes the tow bar. Granted, I've no idea if it's more accurate than Armory's resin one.

I'm on the fence whether I'd get this or wait until the year 3500 AD when Zvezda finally releases their own 1/72 MiG-29A.

The way I see it, it is better than Italeri's and I didn't have to buy the third 1/48th scale GWH MiG-29 9-12 Early (I still might to make my own MiG-29 UB). Zvezda's MiG-29 9-13 will be excellent and saved me from my second 1/48th scale MiG-29 9-13 (which includes two sharkmouth schemes in the box... I wonder if the Zvezda schemes will be the same?).

Regards,

.. I wonder if the Zvezda schemes will be the same?).

51 from Domna - yes, this marking scheme showned at Zvezda box and calendar, second - not same as in GWH model, more intresting scheme.

51 from Domna - yes, this marking scheme showned at Zvezda box and calendar, second - not same as in GWH model, more intresting scheme.

Andrey, it seems I still have to buy that second MiG-29 9-13 from GWH then (unless you plan to release another decal sheet for the Fulcrums that would include it for the Zvezda model). By the way, did you get my e-mails?

Regards,