Etihad Airbus A380 -800

ever since seeing the new Etihad colours on the A380 i have wanted to build a model of it i had my old Emirates A380 that was in need of a repaint

I mixed the colour using a small amount of Humbrol 7 mixed with Humbrol 41 then overcoated with Xtra Colour X368 Mica coat

The numbers you can see on the tail area are only for reference for the white decals that will go over them

I have started to apply some of the decals to the tail area

This Decal will be available to anyone once my model is complete and i am satisfied the decals fit ok

DSCF1464_zps6nkhbv9l.jpg

DSCF1523_zpszj5jbs2z.jpg

DSCF1544_zps4ctap3qx.jpg

more to follow Richard

Looks great Rich. The colour mix looks almost spot on. Do you have exact ratio of the colours used?

70.gif

I need to have a remix of the colour but i know i only added about a quarter of a tin of the Humbrol 7 to the lighter colour it was the mica coat that bought the colour out well as it darkens it a little

added some of the white a sliver bits to the tail

i cant print silver or white on inkjet so i have printed the outlines in a very light grey , cut them out then given them a light coat of silver and white spray paint

DSCF1545_zps5x7lsia5.jpg

DSCF1546_zpsdwp4ouee.jpg

Richard