If you could improve Revell's F-14

Would love to see Revell reissue their F-18F as a G. Know this is not the topic, but just wanted to throw this out while we are at it. I generally like the Revell/Monogram F-14, but many of the tweeks suggested would make it almost better for Revell to just do a new kit. Would also like to see them take their awesome F-15E and do a new fuselage and issue it as an C for about $25. That would be a great kit.

• 2 weeks later...

Given Darren's affinity to RM kits, plus the way he posed the question, I was under the impression that the whole idea was to improve the RM molds. I was confused when you brought in AMK, and thought you may know something that I missed. Darren, this is about the RM molds, right?

:D :D

Sio, when are we going to see the rest of the MiG-31 build on AMK's facebook page?

Is it premature to ask if you're going to do different variants of the MiG-31. Any chance of a MIG-25?

Brad,

I am always trying to avoid answering the "when" question. :D :D

Chances are always there, right?

Cheers!

Sio

I may have missed something, what's wrong with the Revell nose?

For improvements:

Engraved panel lines

Separate the sparrow from the shoulder pylons

New missiles and rails all around

Accurate B/D engine fairing

New seats and instrument panels

Darren,

The only things that haven't been overtly mentioned are some of the NASA data probes, etc. and an Iranian Hawk missile and pylon, so I'll add those. :rolleyes:/>

What I'm "hearing" is scribed lines or don't bother.

I think focusing on an accurate B/D variant might help control costs, leaving the 'A' mods for Steel Beach.

Oddly, I have no problem with the airframe shape but would like to see the small air intakes sharpened up.

Um, did anybody mention a blown canopy?

And keep the price point under $30

Edited by Space Tiger Hobbes

Thanks again for all the input you guys are giving. I'll compile a list and forward it to the appropriate people. No promises, but I'm hoping for some improvements.

Hey Darren....while you're at it tell Revell to do an *accurate* 1/72 C-130J series! Several versions including an AC-130J and an EC-130J Commando Solo.

And while they're at it...either a new tool 1/144 C-5B & M! Or...a re-release of the one they did in the 1980's. Thank you and good night.

Paul

A big flaw (also in the Italeri kit) is the missing step between the flexible overwing fairings and the rear fuselage extending along the inner line of the wingsealbags.

You always need to cut into the upper fuselage half and slightly bend the overwing fairings in order to generate the correct step once the wings are fully swept.

Since I guess that a correction would imply a total makeover of the upper half, just consider it my 2cents of smartassery on the subject.