1/72 Sword T-1A Seastar

Hi,

Here are a few photos of my recently completed 1/72 Sword T-1A Seastar. I built it right out of the box although I confess I didn't use all of the supplied photo-etch bits. The kit decals went on without a hitch. This is a pretty nice kit of another obscure subject. Thanks Sword and keep them coming please!

Thanks also to everyone's help on the correct shade of grey to use. I ended up using Model Master Gloss Gull Gray. While I think the MM Gull Gray is too dark for the usual USN gray over white scheme, it fit the bill perfectly here.

Please excuse the leaves in the photos. It's too hot here to go back outside and re-shoot them :)/>/>/>

-Derek

IMG_7494-MOD_zpsudys6s83.jpg

IMG_7506-MOD_zpsefuwnesz.jpg

IMG_7517-MOD_zpsrrmkyigi.jpg

IMG_7511-MOD_zpsmdp3wzma.jpg

That's one really well done T-1A Seastar. Don't think I've ever seen a model of one before.

Chippy Who, by all means buy two. That should make it all that more feasible for some manufacture of a limited short run kits to make it in 1/48 scale.

Joel

One thing I found out is while MM Gull Gray is a tad dark, It will fade over time in sunlight like the real thing.

I was working on an F-4J and had painted the fuselage but not the top of the wings. I then put it up on the top shelf in our sunroom. Fast forward 6-8 months and I take her down to work on her. I new Gull gray out of the same bottle was definitely a different shade than the one applied months before. It will fade over time in the sunlight.

The difference is more noticeable on smaller scale. I built the Revell F-14 tomcat overall Gull Gray and it looks spot on when fresh.