Kitty Hawk bringing out a new F7U?

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Kitty-hawk/736521713066784?fref=nf

Only one profile, yes it could just be for fun but I note they did give a Thumbs Up to the question if this would be releasing in 48th?

I'm very hopeful yet trepidatious with their 'hodge-podge' MiG-25 on one hand vs. their much-improved F9F-8 on the other, hope it's a good one.

(edited model due to brain-fart)

Edited by metroman

KH are definitely getting it more together; the single-seat Cougar and AH-1Z are decent plastic. I would really love a 1/48 Gutless; if they could stretch it to the early Dark Blue/NMF version (I know, I know, only about 3 markings to chose from!) I'd do a cartwheel on a tightrope... :yahoo:

Actually, the dark sea blue Cutlasses were all the F7U-1, considerably different from the -3. It served only in test and a pair with the Blue Angels briefly.

The F7U-3 was the main production version, with the -3M a minor mod that could carry early Sparrow I missiles. The -3s were delivered in natural metal but many were repainted in the gull gray/white scheme from 1956 onward. I don't think any kit manufacturer would make money doing a new kit of the -1, but a -3 would be viable and better than the "softly detailed" Hobbycraft Canada kit.

But it still ain't an FJ-3 Fury. :explode:

I hope so. I have the Zulu tinkering on the bench and it's a nice kit. But in an attempt to fit in with the nauseating KittTrumpyHawkBoss hate:

"I really would like to see one, but from anyone other than Kitty Hack"

I don't think any kit manufacturer would make money doing a new kit of the -1, but a -3 would be viable and better than the "softly detailed" Hobbycraft Canada kit.

I'd welcome either a -1 or a -3, but I'm not sure I buy the "real thing never made the numbers, therefore no-one will buy the kit" argument: the TSR-2 only had two flying examples, AFAIK, but you still see quite a few Airfix builds around in both scales. The lovely DH Comet Racer was basically Black, Green or Red, but there are kits available... :dontknow:

I hope so. I have the Zulu tinkering on the bench and it's a nice kit. But in an attempt to fit in with the nauseating KittTrumpyHawkBoss hate:

"I really would like to see one, but from anyone other than Kitty Hack"

man, if you got nothing to do but inflammatory comments, why not going somewhere else? that would help this forum being a little more relevant.

you're as helpful to your cause as a pyromaniac firefighter...

Edited by mingwin

man, if you got nothing to do but inflammatory comments, why not going somewhere else? that would help this forum being a little more relevant.

you're as helpful to your cause as a pyromaniac firefighter...

Dude, I really got the impression he was being sarcastic about the 'Big Anti-' thing...?

Another interesting early concept from KH. But it's a long way off from reality. Would I buy one. Most likely if it was 1/32 scale, but definitely if it was in 1/48 scale. I'd would much prefer a 1/48 F11F if given the choice.

Joel

• 3 weeks later...

A -2 Banshee is just fine with me! And that Flying Pancake looks really cool, too!

BTW, Kitty Hawk, I just saw the pics of the P-39 instrument panel. Pleeeeeeeeease stop it with the 2-dimensional photo etched instrument panels and consoles!!!!! :bandhead2:/> It's no better than the decals we'd get from manufacturers back in the '60s. Injected plastic is better for these details.

Ben

Checked back with KH and their FB page indicates that Tommy Thomason is now involved with design :woot.gif:/> :thumbsup:/>

You have to give them credit, they seem to now be reaching out to true subject matter experts on their projects. If the rumors are true, they also have a renowned expert (or two) onboard for another upcoming helo project.

You have to give them credit, they seem to now be reaching out to true subject matter experts on their projects. If the rumors are true, they also have a renowned expert (or two) onboard for another upcoming helo project.

C'mon mate you know praising a manufacturer around here can lead to your instant dismissal as a modeller as true modellers are only interested in accuracy.

Surely you can find something wrong!

You know radius of lower fuselage curve or maybe something even more obscure to regain some credibility!

Any praise is grounds for disciplinary action...

C'mon mate you know praising a manufacturer around here can lead to your instant dismissal as a modeller as true modellers are only interested in accuracy.

Surely you can find something wrong!

You know radius of lower fuselage curve or maybe something even more obscure to regain some credibility!

Any praise is grounds for disciplinary action...

Stop Trollin

I happen to love the pre-painted PE instrument panels. But Eduards detail is very crisp and clean, even if the colors are off a bit. Just my preference. Sometimes though, like you said, injection molded detail can be far superior and end up looking more realistic.

Aaron

A -2 Banshee is just fine with me! And that Flying Pancake looks really cool, too!

BTW, Kitty Hawk, I just saw the pics of the P-39 instrument panel. Pleeeeeeeeease stop it with the 2-dimensional photo etched instrument panels and consoles!!!!! :bandhead2:/>/> It's no better than the decals we'd get from manufacturers back in the '60s. Injected plastic is better for these details.

Ben

Completely disagree. You have any idea how small a 1/48 button or switch would be? I think the PE stuff is much closer. Though, molded details can be more visually interesting but you just can't paint with as much fidelity as in the color PE stuff. Though with Eduard their colors are often horribly off.

I do think in 1/32 the PE stuff is just awful though.