Trumpeter MiG-23bn 1/48 boxart

cool! this mean we will see trumpeter's 1/48 MiG-27 in the following months (i hope so!)

I hope so too, but the MiG-23BN has nothing in common with the MiG-27 other than the basic fuselage structure. The entire nose is completely different, as of course are the intakes and exhaust.

I hope so too, but the MiG-23BN has nothing in common with the MiG-27 other than the basic fuselage structure. The entire nose is completely different, as of course are the intakes and exhaust.

Jennings, do you think thies differences will be reflected in the kit? NOT!

Yes, I think they will. Trumpeter doesn't always get everything right, but they usually get the differences between variants pretty well right. They'd get roasted if they put a BN nose on a MiG-27.

well, i was assuming that trumpeter would come with optional nosecone,burners and intakes (at least) and maybe the new canon, wheels...

they did different fuselage for their MiG-23M/MF and MiG-23ML/MLD... one could dream they'll do something similar for the attack Floggers...

and IIRC they have already announced that they'll do 2 variants of MiG-27 in 1/48th (+the bN)

Good to hear about this release. I have the original ESCI MiG 23 and 27 and it leaves a LOT to be desired. Now I can donate it to a needy family.

I have read somewhere that the Trumpeter 1/48 MiGs are a scale down of the 1/32nd kits which makes sense. From what I understand there is not a heck of a lot wrong with the 1/32 brother. I think I will pick up one of the 1/48th kits but have to figure out which one now.

From what I know, the MiG-23BN will be next as it is closest to what is released already. The MiG-27 series requires new noses (depending on variant), engine exhaust area, larger tires and bulged gear bays, the cannon, and intakes. They have definitely been made aware of this. Will they proceed is the question.

Hopefully, they'll consider 2 seat trainers as well

Regards,

I just ordered the M with full Brassin accessories. I guess I'll be getting this one too...my wallet thanks you Trumpeter.

When does the bashing of an unreleased Trumpeter kit start? :rolleyes:/>

Stay tuned.

Their MiG-23s are generally fairly good, especially by Trumpeter standards. What I've seen thus far of the BN looks fine.

Yeah, but i feel MiG-23 kits are just not much discussed imho. They have issues with nose (too long, although it seems depends on the version just how much too long it is), canopy, spine is too low ala their Su-24M kit and the intakes are just too boxy. The legs are too long for some of the variants and that is pretty visual too. Probably more but that is just the things that springs to mind. But certainly much better representation than Su-24M kit for example.

Now a suggestion; The usual suspects of "anti-rivetcounting-brigade" are bound to show up in this thread and whine about us having a completely legitimate discussion about a kit. I suggest we completely ignore them. Let them whine. Discussing kit accuracy is NOT against the forum rules and never was. If we ignore them life will be much easier and not spiral down into what these discussions always end up as as soon as they arrive.

Edited by Berkut