What is the best & safe liquid masking?

I was wondering what the best liquid masking that is available on the market. I bought this green/blue Maskol stuff years ago and it started eating the primer on my 1/32 F-14 Converted to a B Tomcat. I'm not happy. I have to see how I am going to fix it before I paint the thing. Too many hours on it to screw it up.

Thanks in advance.

The last time I used a liquid masking medium was some Maskol in the eighties. I wasn't that impressed so I steered clear. I saw that Jeroen Peters used some new Vallejo liquid mask recently on his 1/32 Mosquito build and I was impressed with it so I got some to try. I used it on my Hurricane build and found it excellent. Applied with a toothpick, it flowed readily, set up well and was liquid enough to flow around small nooks and crannies. I am still learning how to use it properly but I am impressed.

HTH,

Regards,

My Two Cents Worth: I have used two different brands of liquid masking solutions over the years. They are the bluish Maskol and the light mint green stuff from Microscale. Of the two, I like the Microscale product much better. The bluish Maskol stuff is a nightmare if just one coat is put down. It is almost impossible to remove. Put down several coats. The Microscale produce works much better. Other than the following use for canopies, I rarely use a liquid masking agent. Mask the canopy like usual with masking tape. After the tape is in place, put some liquid mask over top of the masking tape and over the edges. This helps prevent bleeding of the paint under and/or through the tape. I have even broken/bent the pointed end of a toothpick and carefully tape it and secure it with liquid mask onto the masked part of the canopy. After painting, carefully pull the toothpick and start to unmask the canopy. Like most ideas in our hobby, I came up with this through trial and error and trying to find a way to do something easier.

I have been using ammonia free latex body paint for the past 2 years or so. Best stuff ever.

It behaves just like any of the brand name liquid masks, with the added bonus of not attacking acrylics including futures canopies.

Plus the price can't be beat!

hope it helps out someone

Ammonia Free Liquid Latex Body Paint - 4oz Teal https://www.amazon.com/dp/B006GEPSLA/ref=cm_sw_r_awd_aq90vbDHG3GZW

I use Microscale's blue masking stuff. The drying time is pretty long on it and it dried almost clear, so its hard to tell if you miss spots. A little nerve racking to paint over, but it works well. It's pretty easy to remove.