Fonderie kit F11F-1

Hello ,

I just started with the Fonderie F11F-1 Kit , but I was wondering what glue is the best for glueing the resin parts together ?

Who has experience with this kit !

I made one F11F-1 yet from a Lindberg kit , not my best work but it's an almost 1/48 scale Tiger.

EarlyjetsVF-111.jpg

Many thanks in advance !

Cheers, Henk

Here is a good article on working with resin, it will explain everything to help you get started on it. To answer your question though, super glue (Cyanoacrylate) or two part epoxy resin to glue your parts together. If you are not sure how to use them, google it and there are several tutorials on how to best use them with some tips as well.

http://www.librarium-online.com/forums/modelling/111265-how-prepare-resin-models-construction-painting.html

Robert

Thats affirm on the super glue and epoxy for resin kits. I have built a lot of resin kits and both of these adhesives will work, Be sure to use accelerator with the super glue; the glue will dry almost instantateously, so you can do assembly much faster.

Edited by Marv

Be careful with CA and resin. I've learned, the hard way, that I cannot expect CA to be anything but instant-setting on resin. A couple of years ago, I was building a Teknics resin battery cart (trolley), I put some very slow drying CA on the lower part of the frame, positioned it approximately on the cart body, and found it was Rock Hard when I then tried to fine-tune the position. Had to cut/saw/file the part off and scratch a new part. :bandhead2: I consoled myself by claiming the part needed scratch building anyway as it should not have been solid, but a frame structure. That's my testimony and I'm sticking to it. :whistle:

Bottom line: I use epoxy to bond resin when I need working time. I will only use CA when I can position the parts Precisely before gluing.

HTH