A-model yak-130 prototype

I need to update that website with some new photos.....

The prototype is now at Monino.......

day6_022.JPG

day6_023.JPG

Unfortunately, the Amodel kit is one of the first prototypes - the production machine is very different.....

day2_012.JPG

day5_001.JPG

I wish someone would produce a new kit of the definitive version that is now in service with the RusAF.

Ken

Thank you Ken for your reply, I'd like to build the first prototype first and will build the recent version while possible. A new kit is very welcome but the 72 scale isn't really my stuff, a 1/48 yak-130 should be cool.

Sanding and prepare the engraving for some missing panels, not really easy fit but it's fine and I'd like to make the scratch cockpit if I can find good references for it.

982182IMG1292.jpg

756968IMG1293.jpg

I wouldn't hold my breath for AMK or GWH. Both have a lot of far more historically significant aircraft on their plates.

Although I take your word for AMK or GWH's plans, I must say I do wonder what is considered "historically significant" for a trainer? The Yak-130 is already in service with four air forces, and I am sure more sales are forthcoming as I have only heard positive reports on the aircraft. So, there are already a pretty wide variety of decal and colour scheme options to choose from. Also, it can carry a lot of weapons, so you have quite a number of interesting loadout options also. If a nice modern kit comes out on this aircraft, I would definitely be in the market for at least a couple.

I'm not sure you could get an Alenia Aermacchi T-346A Master or Yakovlev Yak-130 out of the same moulds.

Since the parting of the ways between the two companies, the respective airframes have gone their separate ways and there are now substantial differences.

Ken

I'm not sure you could get an Alenia Aermacchi T-346A Master or Yakovlev Yak-130 out of the same moulds.

Since the parting of the ways between the two companies, the respective airframes have gone their separate ways and there are now substantial differences.

Ken

I think the suggestion was for one or the other. If I had to pick between the two, it would definitely be the Yak-130 all the way - much more interesting loadout options and (for me at least) more interesting colour schemes.

The Alenia Aermacchi T-346A Master and the Yakovlev Yak-130 are two different aircraft with different equipments, and you are so right Flankerman. There's many lack in the modelling market for the training airplanes, AMK release the Fouga Magister, it's not really my favorite airplane but the mold is great and there's so many details compare to the Kinetik model, I bought one just for fun and I'm falling love with that aircraft by now. SO why don't make a T-346A or a Yak-130?

Interesting that the M-346 retains the wing root fences (more like winglets) - they disappeared from the Yak-130 some time ago.

If the aerodynamics are more-or-less the same - which one is right??

Fascinating.

Ken

PS - Ksimn - there is a photo of the front cockpit on my Yak-1340 walkround page - taken at Le Bourget http://www.flankers-site.co.uk/yak-130.htm

Edited by Flankerman

Interesting that the M-346 retains the wing root fences (more like winglets) - they disappeared from the Yak-130 some time ago.

If the aerodynamics are more-or-less the same - which one is right??

I am only guessing, but one think is that the differences in aerodynamics has something to do with the two aircraft having slightly different roles or at least handling requirements.

Also, I guess that the small fins on the M-346 might be there to generate a vortex that gives the tailplanes a bit more "bite" at high AoA. The Yak on the other hand have the tailplanes enlarged, giving it more pitch authority across the entire flight regime.

But I suppose your guess is as good as mine, but I also find it interesting..

/E

There are two different Amodel prototype kits:

Yak-130D camouflaged http://www.model-making.eu/products/Yakovlev-Yak-130D-Russian-AF-Modern-Jet-Training-Aircraft.html

Wing with dogtooth and two additional weapons sprues

Yak-130 white/blue: http://www.model-making.eu/products/Yakovlev-Yak-130-Soviet-Training-Fighthing-Jet.html

without weapons but additional sprue with different wing

both "dogtoot" 336 and "winglets" 339 planes could be build

All main parts with fuselage looks same. Prototype configuration short nose is very different from serial version.

From.... http://www.airforce-technology.com/projects/yak_130

The Yak-130 production aircraft is slightly different from the Yak-130D demonstrator, with lower weight, a more rounded nose to accommodate a radar, a shorter fuselage length and a lower wing area.

I don't know if the shorter fuselage is due to the revised nose - or the reduction is actually within the fuselage body.

The same with the 'lower wing area' - is that because of the deleted winglets? - or is the wing shape revised?

It would be an interesting exercise to see if a production Yak-130 could be made from the Amodel kit.

Production......

day2_012.JPG

Yak-130D.....

day6_023.JPG

Note where the LERX meets the windscreen arch on the production machine - I also think it has a taller canopy - and it has a fairing at the base of the fin.

Maybe the intake is cut back as well?? - like I said, there are lots of differences.

Ken

The air intake is more bigger than the demonstrator too.

I think the main difference between the Yak 130 and the T-346 is the engine, Klimov DV-2S or Ivtchenko-Progress AI-222 for the russian aircraft and Honeywell TEC F124-GA-200 for Alenia Aermacchi.

1397722612442.jpg

4354452145527.jpg

Note the difference in the undercarriage - and the jet exhaust.

The M-346 doesn't have the anti-FOD intakes/doors - but it does have the root 'winglets'.

It also has an intake on the fin L/E.....

Ken

Edited by Flankerman

The air intake is more bigger than the demonstrator too.

I think the main difference between the Yak 130 and the T-346 is the engine, Klimov DV-2S or Ivtchenko-Progress AI-222 for the russian aircraft and Honeywell TEC F124-GA-200 for Alenia Aermacchi.

1397722612442.jpg

4354452145527.jpg

Thanks ... and to have the family comparison complete, You only need to add the Chinese Hongdu L-15/JL-10 - also a development based on the same design - however with even more changes.

konkurent_YAk_130_1.jpg

Deino

Thanks ... and to have the family comparison complete, You only need to add the Chinese Hongdu L-15/JL-10 - also a development based on the same design - however with even more changes.

Deino

L-15 tail looks like a copy of the Taiwan AIDC F-CK-1

• 2 years later...
On 8/19/2015 at 3:20 PM, Flankerman said:

Note the difference in the undercarriage - and the jet exhaust.

The M-346 doesn't have the anti-FOD intakes/doors - but it does have the root 'winglets'.

It also has an intake on the fin L/E.....

Ken

Now that the Zvezda Yak-130 is out, how difficult is it to convert it to a M-346?

On 19/03/2018 at 10:05 PM, JackMan said:

Now that the Zvezda Yak-130 is out, how difficult is it to convert it to a M-346?

Extensive work. Bottom side comparaison...

m346vsYak130.jpg