1/48 Learjet C-21A Air National Guard Limited Edition

Hmm... Haven't heard about this kit before.

Does it come with thrust reversers and the correct antennas, or is this just a rebox of their old Lear 35A?

Hasegawa has issued the kit as a C-21 before with no mods to the nacelles, just depicting the Dee Howard T/R's with paint. I can't imagine they will do anything different this time, but one can hope.

Regardless, it would be nice if some enterprising aftermarket manufacturer would produce both Dee Howard and Aeronca T/R nacelles for the kit. Other than lacking the Area Ruling in the rear fuselage nacelle area and having only T/R-less nacelles, it is a very nice kit, as are their other two BizJets, wish they were better sellers so we could get some new kits.

Cheers,

Tom

Is that what the Happy Hooligans are flying now? Please excuse my ignorance.

178th RQS flies Predators while 177th AS flies the Lear for OSA. A far cry from the good old days!

178th RQS flies Predators while 177th AS flies the Lear for OSA. A far cry from the good old days!

Isn't that the truth! I grew up in Syracuse, NY and watched the 174th fly A-37's, then A-10's, and finally F-16's, only to see them transition to Reapers. Oh well!

Is that what the Happy Hooligans are flying now? Please excuse my ignorance.

They got rid of the F-16s in 2007. I was in one of their C-21s a few years, its unbelievable how small that plane is - the cockpit makes my car seem quite luxurious. Unfortunately they didn't have one on display at this year's airshow.

...it is a very nice kit, as are their other two BizJets, wish they were better sellers so we could get some new kits.

Cheers,

Tom

They are pretty nice kits and I'd like to see more 1/48 bizjets, too. The Lear and the Falcon can be found at pretty fair prices, but the Citation seems to command some pretty high prices on eBay.

No. The Hawk/Testors kit is a Lear 23. Hasegawa's is a Lear 35/36.

The Hawk/Testors Lear is a mutt of a kit and mixes features of two different Lear models. It has its origins in a mid 60s IMC kit that depicted a Lear 23 and the Testors modifications pushed it more towards a Lear 24D in appearances.

Edited by Kevan Vogler

Didn't realize Testors did that either. One thing to note the Testor's N number was and still is totally bogus. The original Haseagawa decals were for a Lear company demo bird. When I saw it in their hangar in the late 1990's it was cammo'd in vietnam era colors.