Heavy waterbombers at work, locally

Wow!!

I've been in Chelan on a bike trip.

While both vids are impressive, the first one really gives perspective.

Thinking about you guys in central Washington.

(From a former Western Washingtonian)

Very cool.

The DC-10 is pretty remarkable when it comes to power and maneuverability in a heavy. I used to work on them for United and FedEx, when they'd take them out for post maintenance check flights they were fun to watch.

Very cool.

The DC-10 is pretty remarkable when it comes to power and maneuverability in a heavy. I used to work on them for United and FedEx, when they'd take them out for post maintenance check flights they were fun to watch.

And the inside of these ones are completely stripped down...No seats, no sound proofing...Nothing. So, they have more power available than the standard DC-10's...Even with the tanks on bottom.

Aaron

One of the interesting things mentioned by one of the firefighters, is that these fires are creating their own weather: They put a bunch of ash into the air, which create their own clouds (but with little or no moisture, just ash), which then travel and produce lightning, causing more fires miles down wind. I'm watching one of these ash thunderstorms just overhead and to the south of us.