cWJPEkh.jpg

This is a build-up of Bandai’s old 1/72 VF-1 Valkyrie. It is in no sense Macross/DYRL or Robotech canon, and is modified in various ways:

• I added parts from various places. Most prominent are from Hasegawa’s Macross weapons set. Lots of stock styrene and parts from various kits, Wave and Kotobukiya detail sets (sold for Gunpla and related) were used to augment the armor and packs.
  • With files and sandpaper I rounded a lot of hard edges, because they didn’t appeal to me.
  • Lots of decals from various sources. I didn’t include all that I initially planned, because I burned out, especially with the lettering. (Consequently I rushed final finishing and assembly, and was rewarded with silvering on some decals. Lesson relearned).
  • I assembled one of the missile boxes wrong, so it appears rotated 90 degrees, compared to the other. Whatever. So there's some science-fiction technical reason for why this must be.

SYGUqkc.jpg

The base (which in retrospect is too prominent) is sold for electronics hobbyists. None of jacks, knob or switch actually do anything (I need to learn to wire up model kits for lighting), but it was attempt to suggest an avionics box.

p4GGfXz.jpg

rplh9q7.jpg

gtK1fUx.jpg

xgNsmR5.jpg

CTzpPiu.jpg

I need to take better pictures, but these will suffice for now. Thanks for looking.