Mig-23 Cockpit color

If all you have access to is MM Acryl you'll have to home brew it yourself. If you want to get a very accurate and very good paint. Get some AKAN paints they're imported into the US by Lindenhillimports.com They would also have the proper exterior colors as well.

HTH

There is no one exact color for this. I've personally laid eyes on a fairly large number of Soviet a/c with this similar color, and no two were exactly alike.

Ken's photo above is a good representation of it.

You know, during my brief stint working airline ramp crew, I was qualified to run the APU from the cockpit on the 737-300 and the MD-80. I was really surprised to find that, while the 737's all had neutral gray cockpits, the MD-80 cockpits were all just about that same bluish green as Soviet fighters!!!

The Montana ANG tried out "Foxbat green" in the cockpits of at least a few of their F-106s after Belenko's defection in 1976.

And Boeing has now gone to a "cafe au lait" color for their cockpits.

Edited by Jennings

The Montana ANG tried out "Foxbat green" in the cockpits of at least a few of their F-106s after Belenko's defection in 1976.

I guess to see if the Soviet scientists were right in that turquoise-colored cockpits were relaxing/reduce stress?

I guess to see if the Soviet scientists were right in that turquoise-colored cockpits were relaxing/reduce stress?

That was the idea. I don't know how old you are, but back then we (the West) were paranoid that the Soviets might be ahead of us in *any* potential endeavor.

Thanks everyone, the photos provided a great reference for my attempt at this model. I have always been horrible with the cockpits......blame poor hobby skills but 90% sure it's bad eyesight!! I have made the cockpit a priority and take my time with this one. I did find a Floquil train color, New York something blue or green that is amazingly close to those shades. May need some tweaking but very close. Thanks again everyone.

Pat Green,

Model Master 2135 (enamel?) is supposedly a close match. I don't remember where I got that from. I haven't seen it myself so I can't comment on it.

AKAN acryl 73005 looks very convincing.

Edited by Tosa