Academy 1/48 Su-27 Flanker B

hey that came out beautifully! you nailed it on the finish - most Flankers' colors seem to blend into each other and you recreated that same effect perfectly! nice job on the hot section too, i have no changes to suggest, this model is awesome!

-Ramon

Dude!!! Niiiiice!!!!! The paint job is spot on and the weathering is perfect. The photos look fantastic. Might just be my eyesight or the paint around there, but the nose come looks a bit bigger in diameter to the fuselage? Probably just my shoddy eyes.

Edited by Crazy Snap Captain

Crazy Snap Captain, you are totally right...it didnt fit very well...I should have checked that before I painted everything. It still annoys me very much!

Thank you all for kind words

FO

Magnificent work! I hope to build this aircraft in 1/72; if it looks 2/3 as good as this I'll be pretty joyful...love impatient the pilot too!

very good job!!!

This flanker are a midle production serie, with the RWR on tailborad in green and not in white. Flanker of 641 IAP at Rogachevo, trasfered in 1994 at the 470 GvIAP at afrikanda AB ;)/>

The instructions for both the Linden Hill and Begemot 1/72 decals (usually dependable) call out the vertical tail dielectric panel on Blue 34 as flat white. The RWR bumps on the tail 'stinger' are given as radome green -looks good here! :thumbsup:

Magnificent work! I hope to build this aircraft in 1/72; if it looks 2/3 as good as this I'll be pretty joyful...love impatient the pilot too!

The instructions for both the Linden Hill and Begemot 1/72 decals (usually dependable) call out the vertical tail dielectric panel on Blue 34 as flat white. The RWR bumps on the tail 'stinger' are given as radome green -looks good here! :thumbsup:/>/>/>

The instruction was wrong, for example in begemot decals, they said that 34 blue of afrikanda and 34 blue from Kilp-yavr was the same aircraft. In fact they are two aircraft different, the 34 blue of 9 GvIAP from Kilp Yavr was delivred in 1991, at the 941 GvIAP and was 11 red. In 2001, the 9 GvIAP was formed at the same base between the 470 GvIAP and the 941 GvIAP. Other exemples, the camo scheme on flanker on the north (on this aircraft) was not correct. All the production flanker for Russia between 1985 and 1996 have the standart camo scheme like you did in your model ;)/>/>.

All the all seater of 641/470 IAP have green RWR on fins, the difference was withe the nose cone green for first squadrons (1 AE), for 2 and 3 squadrons the nose cone are white 20 blue to 38 blue (last single seater livred at the regiment).

18633_1206107361_zpsdjojhsg7.jpg

IMG_1623_zpsafktzy7l.jpg

getImage%2044_zpsymkfkqug.jpg

photo by A.zinchuk

getImage%2050_zpspyywwy5b.jpg

photo by A.zinchuk