To you, my trusted friends and colleagues in our mutual love of flying machinery,

It saddens me that too many seem to have forgotten of late that this is ARC (Aircraft Resource Center) and not PFWC (Political Flame Wars Center). This is a NON-POLITICAL site, and recently more and more of us have either forgotten or overlooked that fact.

ARC is more than aircraft; it's an oasis, a haven from the other sites full of vulgarities. If I actually wanted to read garbage like that I'd only have to read the comments on YouTube videos. Need I remind us that Steve has the right to close the bar if the customers get out of hand.

Okay, as humans we will always disagree about something, I get that. But when both sides of an issue are starting to post pictures, graphs and quoted references to prove their side is right, then we've lost who we are. Or used to be.

Please, I don't care HOW right we think we are on the issues, please check them at the door. Used to be we could do that better than the United Nations could, at least 95% of the time. So bring it home, folks, let's lock the barn door on this garbage.

Now, I'm buying the next round so we can settle down and shake hands, and start arguing about something MUCH better....like which movie we're going to watch as we drink our drinks. :) :cheers:

Now, I'm buying the next round so we can settle down and shake hands, and start arguing about something MUCH better....like which movie we're going to watch as we drink our drinks. smile.gif271.gif

Do you know how many people DIE each year and lives ruined due to alcoholism, drunk driving, and other alcohol related tragedies?...

Okay, I'm running to the other side of the internet to prairie dog for a while. Have a nice day! :trolls:/>

Do you know how many people DIE each year and lives ruined due to alcoholism, drunk driving, and other alcohol related tragedies?...

Okay, I'm running to the other side of the internet to prairie dog for a while. Have a nice day! :trolls:

:rofl: Now, THAT'S more like it!! Jeez, but I love you guys.... :cheers:

(stands drunkenly, mug held high, speaking slurred) I'd hereby like to make a motion!! I move that:

1) We shall confine ourselves to arguing ONLY with our spouses/significant others, our in-laws, our bosses and some guy I just met named George. That's what they're FOR!!!

2) The only political "truths" we shall voice are that the earth's oxygen is good to breathe, and that Hitler, Stalin and the Boogie Man should never have held office. Everything else is OFF-LIMITS!

3) Someone has to buy me another root beer. <_<

Edited by Andrew D. the Jolly Rogers guy

Agreed. I am trying more and more to stick with the modelling forums here and

stay away from general discussions or off topics or lounges. I have gone from

visiting 7 sites to 2. I will admit I get dragged into these discussions and I

keep telling myself I won't shoot my big mouth off. Human nature don't you know.

So I think I shall try to avoid the off topic areas and stick to why I came here

in the first place, to give and receive help on modelling and related subjects.---John

I'm pretty much on board with John, I usually one reply to GB threads, or an occasional display case entry. When I do reply to ones of the threads we are talking about, it's generally a smart a@$ comment then I run out the door and don't return :woot.gif:

Meh. To be honest, I think ARC is pretty quiet nowadays compared with a few years ago. Maybe the odd flame war helps to brighten up the place...

They can be entertaining, that's for sure. Add to that the high odds the thread will be deleted, its fun to see it develop before it disappears.

The stupidity of it is that neither side will ever convince the other - there will never be a win. So why bother? But some just can't help it.

Some get a little testy when they get called out but I'm just going to keep calling it out when I see it.

While I agree with you 99%, the thing that is always missed is that you don't have to click on any particular subject if you don't want to read PFWC stuff. If you don't like it, don't click it. Pretty simple.

For the most part I don't click on certain subjects because PFWC topics don't interest me, but sometimes I can't help but check out why a particular thread seems to have legs with several pages of back and forth. This stuff is sometimes fairly entertaining and while I don't agree with many posts, the writing and thought put into these debates is often really good. Also, as CorsairMan indicated above, the "forthcoming delete" factor adds a little spice to the interest level.

Years ago I used to frequent automobile forums where there really was no censorship and they ran amok with some of the nastiest crap you can imagine. This forum is light years away from that and many other forums, so the odd political dust-up here and there is really nothing but human nature.

I totally agree!!

Some years ago I made the same kind of comment here and got generally shouted down by rabid politicos who went on about free speech! I am fully open to free speech but keep it out of my favorite modeling forum. That is what the lounge is for if someone feels the need to express themselves.

Also, this is an international forum and the politics of any one country is just out of place here.

Pesky thing about that "free speech" is it doesn't exist here. That's a constitutional guarantee to not be censored by the government...not by mods on an internet forum.

I can guess what prompted this since a certain thread was nuked. I'm on other forums where these topics never come up, but of course the moderating is more heavy handed when they do..so they don't.

And I agree with you completely. I come to modeling forums to share and enjoy scale modeling with like minded individuals, so when folks stupid opinions come out it makes it hard to like them. So I'd rather not know. Let's just talk models.

Pesky thing about that "free speech" is it doesn't exist here. That's a constitutional guarantee to not be censored by the government...not by mods on an internet forum.

It never ceases to amaze me how few people grasp that, on any forum. Or the fact that "the right to free speech" does not mean "the right to freedom from repercussions based on content of said speech". I learned both before I was out of short pants, do they not teach this in schools any longer?

It never ceases to amaze me how few people grasp that, on any forum. Or the fact that "the right to free speech" does not mean "the right to freedom from repercussions based on content of said speech". I learned both before I was out of short pants, do they not teach this in schools any longer?

Sure. I thought AP Gov't and Econ to 12th graders for a few years. So those kids know it, or should. Can't speak to others. But hey, let's face it very few people anymore have any real understanding of the things in the Constitution or BoR

You're fooling yourself. We're living in a dictatorship. A self-perpetuating autocracy...

Dennis

You can't expect to wield extreme executive power, just because some watery tart threw a sword at you.

Edited by rightwinger26