New upcoming F-4E Phantom II sheets from HI-DECAL

Dear ARCers,

It is a pleasure to announce two upcoming Phantom II sheets:

Available in 1/72 and 1/48 scales, these decals will cover 3 Egyptian Air Force F-4E Phantom IIs in early Ghost Grey, S.E.A and Hill One camouflages.

Scanns of the artwork will be posted soon.

Greetings

Diego

Edited by Diego

It will include markings for the 3 Squadrons currently operating this version

AFAIk there are only two Terminator units remaining: 111 and 171 Filo. Or am I wrong?

AFAIk there are only two Terminator units remaining: 111 and 171 Filo. Or am I wrong?

There are indeed two operational squadrons but there will be tree jets on the sheet. B)/>

More on this soon!

Edited by Diego
On 27.8.2015 at 8:24 PM, Niels said:

112 Filo has disbanded earlier this summer.

Diego - any chance for pics?

As soon as possible.

Greetings

Diego

Edited by Diego

First Caracal's announcement of more F-4E 2020's and now this :worship: !!!!??? Diego I just promised my wife no more decals or kits and look what you've gone and done lol :bandhead2: . I gotta sneak these through the back door :thumbsup:

• 4 weeks later...
On 9/2/2015 at 4:16 PM, Dingo said:

Hi Diego

Will you kindly post pics of the artworks? i'm waiting eagerly for these decals ever since I've sent you the references for the Egyptian birds back in 2007.

It indeed took a long time, but the data are now complete. Interestingly, the Egyptian Phantoms seem to be the most difficult to catch, when comparing to other EAF aircraft...

Anyway,for the time being just as teaser:

The sheets HD 48033 in 1/48 scale and HD 72063 in 1/72 scale include markings for three EAF Phantoms:

7813 - with early disruptive "Ghost" camouflage

7806 - with "Hill One" 3 tone scheme and orange quick ID panels

7827 - with "Modified South East Asia" camouflage and orange quick ID panels

Greetings

Diego

Edited by Diego
  • 1 month later...
  • 11 months later...
On 11/9/2016 at 6:03 AM, pollie said:

Whatever happened to these?

Your guess is as good as mine, been waiting several years for both the Egyptian F-4 and Greek RF-4 decals which were promised within months back in 2008 and within weeks last year. Have now given up any hope of seeing these from Hi-Decal, the unfortunate thing is I know of a couple of other decal producers that have bypassed these subjects, as they were under the impression along with the rest of us that Diego's release was imminent.

• 1 year later...

Hi all,

I would like to apologize all people waiting for the EAF F-4E sheets. Unfortunately, due to a longer, serious illness the editorial plans had to be postponed.

Anyway, the Egyptian AF artwork is in an advanced stage of preparation ( including some stencilling used only on the aircraft wearing the "Hill One" scheme) and the decals will be finally released in early 2018. The very next sheet will cover some colorful T-33As used in Iran, Burma and Cuba and will be printed in January - the EAF Phantoms will be printed directly after this one.

Greetings

Diego