New upcoming F-4E Phantom II sheets from HI-DECAL

Diego one's health is more important than anything to do with this hobby. Hope the health problems get resolved soon.

Thanks too so much for posting the update. It is good to know the sheet is still in the pipeline. Believe me I am in no rush for yet more decal sheets. I think I have enough sheets now to paper my whole house :)

Anyway I am looking forward to that T-33 sheet as well as the EAF F-4. I actually have a Hasegawa F-4E kit in painting stage but it is stalled due to some build issues that are driving me bonkers. Maybe I can get it started again when your F-4 sheet gets released.

• 1 month later...
6 hours ago, Dingo said:

Early 2018 has arrived. Any news?

- The T-33 artwork is going to the printers next week

- The EAF F-4E sheet will follow as next

- The Hawker Hunter decals are scheduled for the 2nd half of this year, having in mind the upcoming 1/48th Airfix kit

On 12/14/2017 at 9:29 AM, Diego said:

Hi all,

I would like to apologize all people waiting for the EAF F-4E sheets. Unfortunately, due to a longer, serious illness the editorial plans had to be postponed.

Anyway, the Egyptian AF artwork is in an advanced stage of preparation ( including some stencilling used only on the aircraft wearing the "Hill One" scheme) and the decals will be finally released in early 2018. The very next sheet will cover some colorful T-33As used in Iran, Burma and Cuba and will be printed in January - the EAF Phantoms will be printed directly after this one.

Greetings

Diego 

Good stuff.

Keep healthy.

• 1 year later...
On 6/19/2019 at 10:34 PM, gkittinger said:

can anyone provide some color references for the Ghost scheme?

FS 36375 Light Compass Ghost Grey overall

FS 36320 Dark Compass  Ghost Grey disruptive camo pattern

with 

FS 37038 Black radome nose tip and gun muzzle

each EAF F-4E in this scheme having an individual pattern

BTW - as the T-33A decals are now released, the EAF F-4E sheets will be released as next (September-October) and will include a.o. the stencilling specific for EAF F-4Es in Hill One scheme.

Edited by Diego
4 hours ago, pollie said:

What happened to the three Turkish Phantoms that were supposed to be on this sheet?

The Terminator sheet is another, separate project. The 3 EAF birds will cover a full sheet, including the black stripes for the hi-viz panels.

• 4 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 11/25/2019 at 8:37 PM, Dutch said:

Diego,  How are you?  Any progress on this decal sheet?  Anxiously waiting for its release.  Regards, Dutch

As we were able to finalize the research work on the "Pharaos' Ghosts" sheet, we will release it as first one in 2020, followed by the ANG Phantoms and Hawker Hunter sheets. The project will go to the printer in February.

Here are the final contents: 

HD48033  &  HD72063 :   F-4E Phantom II "Pharaoh's ghosts"
- "7813" in disruptive "Compass Ghost Grey" camouflage, 1980,
- "7827" in "modified South East Asia" camouflage with orange & black quick ID panels, 1983,
- "7817" in "Egypt One" scheme, with orange & black quick ID panels, 1985 - 
 a former USAF MiG-Killer, credited with a VPAF MiG-21 shot down during the Vietnam war.

Greetings

Diego

Edited by Diego
  • 4 months later...

Vaporware, first promised 2014 and after 6 years still nothing to show for. Even the latest promise has not been met, just the same reply from 2015 over and over again. Sourced my own Egyptian roundels and flags from other sheets. I will make my own markings, tired of waiting for this sheet.

Edited by Nebbor
On 5/12/2020 at 3:21 PM, Nebbor said:

Vaporware, first promised 2014 and after 6 years still nothing to show for. Even the latest promise has not been met, just the same reply from 2015 over and over again. Sourced my own Egyptian roundels and flags from other sheets. I will make my own markings, tired of waiting for this sheet.

To quote my Avatar "Will you knock it off with the negative waves, Moriarty? Why don't you think something positive for a change? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is?"

I'm pretty sure that if you have a personal issue with ANYONE on this forum, let alone the modelling community, it would be preferable that you send them a private message instead of posting here. We've had enough problems with personal feud's enough as it is.

Edited by Whiskey

Guess what I have sent Diego back in 2018: an email about this. And was told a march 2019 release. One year later and nothing to show for. So same thing has has been going on since 2015. And people get upset when I say something about this? People get upset when I say I sourced my own material?

Maybe you should act upon your own words and send a PM, not responding to a post you have no business with.

PS: all posts reported by me so the admins can sort this.

Edited by Nebbor
typo