New 1/48 AH-64E Guardian!

Don't expect that what you see as an advertisement is actually the plastic you get.

Chris M

Agreed, they often tend to just pull a random picture off the internet and use that as a "placeholder" until the box art is released. It would be nice to get the sugarscoop and all the other mods but I wouldn't hold your breath.

Be even nicer to get a new tool late version in 1/35.

Agreed, they often tend to just pull a random picture off the internet and use that as a "placeholder" until the box art is released. It would be nice to get the sugarscoop and all the other mods but I wouldn't hold your breath.

Be even nicer to get a new tool late version in 1/35.

Agreed, a newer version would be nice. Making replacement scoops for earlier releases could become possible. I did a search on the model listing and found a May 2015 article by a Korean or Chinese enthusiast who photographed what he reported as a 1/48th AH-64E. It was an E in Taiwan markings with no scoops. Who knows what's going on.

http://a5447.pixnet.net/blog/post/42202400

Chris M

Edited by Chief Snake

Interesting. Is there any noticable difference between a Delta and an Echo AH-64?

Yes, the ones you can't see are changes to radar. The ones you can see are different external sensors and relocated sensors.The front sensor is obviously different.

Chris M

Not all AH-64E's are being outfitted with the sugar scoops, especially from the factory. The 229th out of JBLM did not have them when they first came to the unit...They received them as a field mod while in A-stan. They got shark's mouths there too.

The Echo's have up-rated engines and transmissions, as well as an updated/redesigned rotor system. The cockpit is different, as there is an additional screen and joystick for controlling UAV's...One of the main avionics updates to the Echo.

Aaron

ps. I could REALLY use a set of 1/48 sugar scoops (hint, hint Chris) for a memorial build I am doing for a friend of mine that was KIA in Afghanistan back in 2013.

Pre-deployment

http://www.airfighters.com/photo/125055/M/USA-Army/Boeing-AH-64E-Apache-Guardian/11-09022/

Post-deployment

http://www.airfighters.com/photo/162906/M/USA-Army/Boeing-AH-64E-Apache-Guardian/12-09026/

http://www.airfighters.com/photo/162831/M/USA-Army/Boeing-AH-64E-Apache-Guardian/12-09026/

Edited by strikeeagle801

Never noticed that fairing on the bottom of the sugar scoop housing. Has it always been present, maybe just hidden in the shadows? Are their any pics out there that show the sugar scoop in detail?

Nice pictures by the way.

Edited by 11bee

Never noticed that fairing on the bottom of the sugar scoop housing. Has it always been present, maybe just hidden in the shadows? Are their any pics out there that show the sugar scoop in detail?

Nice pics by the way.

I have some photos of an earlier date that show some sort fairing or inlet in the same place but it's half that size.

Chris M

Nice pictures by the way.

Must be an upgrade of some sort...It is not present at all in my photo from 2013.

Aaron

I took this picture of AH-64D 02-05316 in the late afternoon of 02-Oct-2013 in Germany.

That scoop-like fairing on the bottom of the sugar scoop looks quite new, as compared to the overall heavily worn appearance of the airframe. On my ealier AH-64E pictures, this fairing is more rectangular from the side and only about half as long. But it also begins at the black stripe.

02-05316_02-Oct-2013_4rel.jpg

Edited by Lancer512
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

Hasegawa updated the product information page of the Guardian including box art and close-ups of the new-tool parts.

07414_3.jpg

07414_D.jpg

According to the description, the kit contains the necessary parts in plastic to recreate either an AH-64E or AH-64D Block II Guardian such as new main rotor blades, antennae, and the exhaust deflectors, while PE parts are included for the exhaust fins and intake covers. The kit decals are for three airframes.

Regular price is 4600JPY and it's scheduled for release on the 27th this January.

See the rest of the photos here: http://www.hasegawa-model.co.jp/product/07414/

Edited by kaz
  • 3 weeks later...

sweet, I'm not a heli guy but I've always loved the Apache and have been looking to snag one..

Can these Hase's be built without that silly looking dome on top? (I want that little cap just like on the boxart of this new Guardian boxing).. and does the AH-64D Block II Guardian have the straight exhausts or sugar scoops?

cheers