New 1/48 AH-64E Guardian!

sweet, I'm not a heli guy but I've always loved the Apache and have been looking to snag one..

Can these Hase's be built without that silly looking dome on top? (I want that little cap just like on the boxart of this new Guardian boxing).. and does the AH-64D Block II Guardian have the straight exhausts or sugar scoops?

Yes. According to the instructions, the AH-64E is supposed to be built without the radar, so you can leave that off the AH-64D, too.

Not sure about the sugar scoop on the AH-64D Block II, which is a Longbow, AFAIK. But I am not sure if the Longbows that are still flying with the old style exhausts are Block II or older ones.

thanks Lancer!

actually i just pulled up the 1999.co.jp site and compared the sprues for the RNAF version and the Guardian version and it *looks* like the E will have all the sprues to build the earlier version PLUS the new scoops.. so it's all there! (unless they do what GWH does and leave off the parts that won't be used in the build)

• 3 months later...

Got the Hasegawa 1/48 AH-64E Apache Guardian for a decent price of 34 bucks and it was worth the money. If anyone had doubts about the kit , rest easy. It is a good kit , new rotor blades , sugar scoops , and appropriate lumps and bumps for an "E". Only wish it were in 1/35

Got the Hasegawa 1/48 AH-64E Apache Guardian for a decent price of 34 bucks and it was worth the money. If anyone had doubts about the kit , rest easy. It is a good kit , new rotor blades , sugar scoops , and appropriate lumps and bumps for an "E". Only wish it were in 1/35

Where did you pick it up at?

My friend is the one who did the photo for the box art.

Aaron

Where did you pick it up at?

My friend is the one who did the photo for the box art.

Aaron

Your friend is Josh Kaiser , cool. I actually found it on the back pages of Ebay models , military , helicopters. Oh a special note , the box says Limited Edition , so this might not be around long, or the price will surely go up soon.

Edited by ccrqw602002

Your friend is Josh Kaiser , cool. I actually found it on the back pages of Ebay models , military , helicopters. Oh a special note , the box says Limited Edition , so this might not be around long, or the price will surely go up soon.

I did a quick search Apache Helicopter and for $37.95 and free shipping mine is on its way.

Floyd

I did a quick search Apache Helicopter and for $37.95 and free shipping mine is on its way.

Floyd

What is going on?!? Next thing you know, someone will be doing an AH-64 decal sheet! :rofl:

I broke down and got one as well, and then another to do a Saraf. :whistle:

mason

What would make it a limited edition?

It looks like nothing special from what I saw.

I guess it refers to the boxart. Seems to be the fashion lately to raise the MRSP.

Same with the RoG B-1B Lancer re-issue. I doubt that the two previous releases were produced in more numbers.

Edited by Lancer512