1/35 USCG MH-65C HITRON

Oh man you have really dissapointed me with all this faults the kit has. I then will consider the 1/48 Kitty Hawk Dolphin.

Rod.

IMG_20150903_140742216_zpsubjodftn.jpg

Well this isn't going to help change your mind. I don't have a lot of good reference shots of the collectives, but a little common sense tells me there is no way the pilot and co-pilot collective's can be this different. I also noticed the cyclic's are centered on the seats, but the pedals are not. None are difficult fixes, and only the collectives would really be noticeable after everything is closed up.

Can someone tell me if the pilots collective is attached to the cabin floor? The kit has it attached off the floor on a part of the center console. Working all weekend, so won't have much of an update until Monday. Thanks again for everyone's input.

Todd

IMG_20150903_140742216_zpsubjodftn.jpg

Well this isn't going to help change your mind. I don't have a lot of good reference shots of the collectives, but a little common sense tells me there is no way the pilot and co-pilot collective's can be this different. I also noticed the cyclic's are centered on the seats, but the pedals are not. None are difficult fixes, and only the collectives would really be noticeable after everything is closed up.

Can someone tell me if the pilots collective is attached to the cabin floor? The kit has it attached off the floor on a part of the center console. Working all weekend, so won't have much of an update until Monday. Thanks again for everyone's input.

Todd

Todd,

I'll take a couple pics of the interior tonight for you, but the collectives are mounted in line with eachother.

-Nick

I've found other faults.The front nose is too tilted upward. Moreover the Arriels' exhausts are more protruding. And last but not least you should add the engines intake covers. Is it me, or the winch is oversized?

Wish you the best and have a nice weekend!

P8290007.jpg

1480279.jpg

Edited by as365n3
  • 2 weeks later...

IMG_20150913_130732101_zpsvfkyqklr.jpg

Just a quick update. Doesn't look like much, but there are about 25 pieces in that part. Probably a little over engineered, but I hope it will make the front office look better in the end.

Can someone tell me what the red piece attached to the bottom of each collective is?

Todd

looking good .Love the USCG birds. I dont see to many USCG bulds ..

i built a USCG Jayhawk middle last year tell earlier this year .. I also won 2nd best at the Louisville Ky show .. I think it was the bright colors ..

I ask for that model for Christmas and a Chinook 1/48 scale .WE will see

Rick

Finally got the time to work on the center console. Still need to touch up a few areas and weather it. Close up pictures sure show mistakes, but I'm happy with it. Seats and the front panel are next. Thanks for looking.

IMG_6769_zpsnrfyb30z.jpg

Edited by Tgoetz

Looks awesome Todd, you really should have looked into doing that in resin to save the rest if us a lot of work.

Thanks! I thought about it, but wasn't sure how it was going to turn out. And I still haven't mocked up the front panel and hood to see how it's going to mount. It looks like there is a shroud under the front panel that I assume covers and protects all the wires from the avionics from hanging down and getting kicked. Todd

Following your build with great interest! Will you be arming the bird? And if so what's the aftermarket set to use? I presume it will be from Live Resin?

Cheers

Andy

Yes, Live Resin for everything. The mount for the M240 will have to be scratch built. Still looking for good photos of it. There is a rack for all the weapons that is secured to the floor in the back that will have to be scratch built as well. I'd like to have the pilots and gunner sanding outside the aircraft with the gunner holding the Barrett .50, but have not researched the availability of the figures.

Got a little work done on the front panel. I ended up vacuforming the shroud under the panel. It turned out alright. I also added the extra lip on the cowling that is missing. I was impressed how accurate the avionics are on the panel. Kids have soccer games tomorrow, but hope to get it all sanded and painted this weekend.

IMG_6772_zpsph2dtgg5.jpg

Great looking cockpit so far. Nice work.

Waiting for the French Navy version to come out anytime now.

oliver

Thank you. Most of what I have learned is from watching masters like yourself.

Here is the last update for a while. Busy week.

IMG_6773_zps4wqy4lfz.jpg