Ramon Lomeli's UH-1H

That's the very best UH-1H that I've seen, by far!! Just outstanding work!!

That configuration has several names. We called ours 'Firefly'. The Army used several different gun configuration, depending on the mission requirement. At one time, we put a .50 cal in ours and the recoil liked to shook it to pieces!! Went back to M-60s.

Those flare buckets are held with passenger seat belts connected to tie-down points in the floor. If a flare ignites in the bucket, the Crew-Chief can open the latch on the seat belt and the whole bucket will tilt out-board and dump everything out!!

I had this mission one time and after flying 8 or so hrs. that day, was scrambled around 9 PM and flew all night long, refueling and re-arming several times. Finally began flying home as the sun rose in the east!! Was sooooo tired, took awhile to figure out it WAS the sun rising and NOT a fire onboard a ship in the S. China Sea!! LOL!!!

GREAT work, again!! If you'll allow me one point. Don't recall seeing a red fuel filler cap. All I saw were black. Colors were all 'sub-dued'.

Memories.

PS We called that 25th Tropic Lightning badge, the 'Electric Strawberry'!! Betting ur friend did, too. LOL!!

Bo

Thanks for the heads up, I don't often check the main ARC page, probably would have missed this one.

That is a great job, one of the nicest Huey's I've seen. Can't wait to build one, waiting for the rumored 1/35 new-tool release.

A useless thread without pictures. I dont get it.

I'm sorry. I 'assumed' everyone looked at the Models for each day, first. This outstanding Huey was featured on 27 AUG 15 main page. (You know what ya do when ya 'ASSUME'.)

This Huey just furthers my point that PEOPLE build models. And there are many, many more people that have associations with the Huey than any other aircraft in the Vietnam conflict!! They either flew/crewed/ flew in or have friends that did; and, would build models IF there were decent kits to build!! Ramon proved that a REAL ARTIST doesn't need 'State-of-the-Art' (SOTA) kits to do beautiful work. Assemblers, like me, DO!!

Revell!! Are you listening??

Anyway, I'm sorry I didn't point out WHERE this model was.

Bo