Removing detail

Hey everyone,

A few years ago I had purchased the Hasegawa F-18c model kit, discontinued of coarse, thinking it was the right one for building the CF-18. But it wasn't. So now I've found the link on the ARC Air for making modifications to the kit to make it into the A version which Canada uses.

My link

Now, the C has 3 Antenna's on the vertical stabilizer and was wondering what the best way is to remove it without ruining the model.

datetaken

datetaken

Thanks,

Doug

File, X-acto knife, modelling chisel, sandpaper... Plenty of ways to shave off detail. If you're worried about damaging the surrounding surface, you can mask around it with tape.

Barring that, or if the worst case happens, I seem to recall someone doing a set of tails in resin for the kit, so you could just replace 'em.

Bad news, Sir: the AN/ALQ-165 Low Band antenna (the bottom one) is thinner on the A & B Hornets, so you would be better off looking for replacement verticals. Like MoFo says, we had an ARC member who was casting some up for sale but I can't remember who it was now...a post in the Buy/Sell section might flush him out!

Hey everyone,

A few years ago I had purchased the Hasegawa F-18c model kit, discontinued of coarse, thinking it was the right one for building the CF-18. But it wasn't. So now I've found the link on the ARC Air for making modifications to the kit to make it into the A version which Canada uses.

My link

Now, the C has 3 Antenna's on the vertical stabilizer and was wondering what the best way is to remove it without ruining the model.

datetaken

datetaken

Thanks,

Doug

Doug

What scale are you building. I may have a set of A tail's I can send you if it's 1/72 scale. As soon as I can I will look. Let me know.