Question about the Academy 1/48 F16

30 08 2015

Hi Lancer

Damn.

Is there an aftermarket option?

Liam

Yessir, There are options. If you go with the MCID (big-mouth) intake, you'll also need the GE exhaust nozzle. You can get an Aires exhaust nozzle at Sprue Brothers. As far as the intake, there used to be a company called Seamless Suckers. You might be able to find one on Ebay, as the company is long out of business. I know that Zactomodels is working on an MCID intake for the 1/32 scale Academy F-16 kit. Hasegawa and Tamiya make kits with the MCID intake and exhaust nozzle. You might be better off taking that route. Good Luck!!!

Liam

The Academy 1/48 kit is NSI , so PW engines/exhaust.

I believe Seamless Suckers (SS) in too long out of business and theirs resin set was for Hasegawa F-16's, but since the Academy's F-16 is almost a Xerox from the Hasegawa kit it would works.

Take a look at CMK : http://www.cmkkits.com/en/detail-sets-accessories/index.php?fSort=3&fSeries=0&fScale=16&fNationality=0&fEra=0&fMaker=0&from=170

015910_05_066163.jpg?seek=1336045687

Some of the NEW Tamiya F-16 kits have both inlets in the box so I think it will not difficult some another modeler negotiate the parts You need.

SouthViper

Edited by SouthViper

Unless you *have* an Academy kit, I'd just get a Hasegawa or Tamiya big mouth kit. That particular Academy kit dates back to when they were ripping off other manufacturers' tooling... badly. It's based on the Hasegawa kit, but with soft details, worse fit, and terrible, useless decals. By the time you add up the price of the Academy kit + resin intake and exhaust, you're going to be most of the way to a much, much better Hasegawa kit. Or better still, a Tamiya.

Actually, even if you have an Academy kit, I'd get a Hasegawa or Tamiya big mouth kit.