Revell's P-40E Kicked Up a Notch

Hey guys! I hope everyone's having a lovely day! I've got a pretty big update for you today. I finished weathering and doing a few finishing things. Not done yet, but getting close!

For the weathering I just did an oil wash of lamp black. After that dried I did some rust and oil streaking on the belly of the aircraft. I followed up with a very light dusting with some weathering powders. I'm going for a nitty and gritty heavily used look.

014_zpsjme9cojh.jpg

013_zpsjryfjcmf.jpg

010_zpsbsfpufex.jpg

009_zpsahrz8e7n.jpg

012_zpsptgojva1.jpg

023_zpsziiylnea.jpg

025_zpsyuwju15c.jpg

031_zpseulvuyne.jpg

035_zpsrs8dtqoq.jpg

017_zpsdk7ofb11.jpg

Hey guys! Coming back to you with the final installment in this P-40 build. Since you last saw her, I've finished detailing and all the touchups. Now, I know I'm uploading a day after my goal, the 14th, but I did finish late last night, but didn't have the energy to upload. But here we are now!

I'll be posting some of the images here, but the vast majority will be going to the Display Case. Now before we go on, I just have a question. Technically the aircraft is finished, but seeing as I have an upcoming competition in October, I want to make a diorama with the P-40 as it's centerpiece. My plans for the diorama are to most likely show the ol' girl undergoing some minor maintenance with some ground crew around it and some officer overseeing the work and two curious mossie pilots watching. Well, that's the scene, how about the setting? The bird I modeled is a Kittyhawk of No. 349 squadron based at RAF Digby, mid August 1943. This particular squadron was originally formed in 1942 but was disbanded, and reassembled at Digby in 1943 equipped with nice and shiny Spitfire Vbs. On the particular day I am recreating, the squadron is in the middle of upgrading from the Kittyhawk to the Vb. As a stopgap measure, a flight of four P-40's have been tasked with a routine patrol off the coast of Norwich. I'm not sure if I'm supposed to continue the build thread for the diorama here or create an entire new thread in the Diorama section? So yeah.

Anyway lemme know what you think of the thing, and the diorama idea.

004_zpsiooue134.jpg

016_zpsvnffma3d.jpg

015_zpsqeqmcvv4.jpg

015_zpsqeqmcvv4.jpg

021_zpsmwncyouz.jpg

022_zpsnydzn7qw.jpg

Well, thanks so much for reading guys! Have fun doing whatever it is you do, and I'll catch you nexttime. Be sure to see the rest of the pics in the "Display Case" if ya want.

Cheers,

Colin