I am going to do the old standby 1/48 Tamiya A6M2-N Rufe. Quite possibly the best 42 year old kit out there.

CAM01277_zpsplfml4zv.jpg

I hope I can be pardoned, because I got too antsy and started 8/31/15 around 11:30PM local time. I couldn't help myself.

Edited by ajd3530

I'll be joining soon but it might be a few weeks

I'm hoping to do a E13A Jake:

IMG_20150620_094705_zpsn2on7c5d.jpg

I got the LSM interior, cowl and engine:

IMG_20150620_094948_zpsqvvu1p2g.jpg

I can say that I will definitely be using the cowl and engine but I am 50-50 on the interior. To hedge my bets I picked up a started Myrt and I might graft a lot of that cockpit into the jake while using the floor and other parts of the LSM resin

I have a lot of possibilities in the stash, so I've been having a hard time choosing one.

I've decided to get things started with a RoG Arado Ar-196. I like the looks of the plane and it is a fairly simple build so shouldn't get me hung up.

Ar1961_zps9nrl6uqe.jpg

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

What about fighters like the Hurricane that were launched by ships in convoys to protect them from enemy aircraft? They were launched by catapults from freighters and ditched at the end of their mission.

What about fighters like the Hurricane that were launched by ships in convoys to protect them from enemy aircraft? They were launched by catapults from freighters and ditched at the end of their mission.

I don't know. Were they launched from some special cradle? If that could be depicted, that would fit the intent of the GB.

Another example that would fit would be something like this

; a goofball concept tried out by the RN and USN where landing gear were replaced by a reinforced underbelly and the aircraft landed on a rubber deck. Talk about not thinking something through... :bandhead2: