Hello All,

This will be my first attempt to participate in a group build in a long time. I am starting with the

Encore/Squadron boxing of the A-37B Dragonfly that was recently released.

P9010104.jpg

The 2 kit inside are Academy tooling with resin bits thrown in and Cartograf Decals.

P9010003.jpg

I will be using the decal option for the A-37B flown out of Bien Hoa Airbase in Vietnam

in 1971 by Capt. John Lamb. The kit's other two schemes are post Vietnam schemes, and would

be used in the second kit build sometime in the future. I will start working and posting

pics of my progress as time allows.

Thanks for looking.

Thanks everyone.

Last night, I removed the pour stubs from the resin parts, and dry fitted them inside the fuselage. The

resin parts are from True Details and are very nice.

P9010001_1.jpg

P9010018.jpg

P9010019.jpg

P9010020.jpg

P9020023.jpg

The kit fuselage and wings have some warping issues. However, those should be easy to straighten out

with persuasion.

P9020021.jpg

Tonight, I plan to wash the cockpit parts and begin painting. Hopefully, I will have

it all in and the fuselage closed up before going out of town this weekend.

Thanks for looking.

Indeed it does....Was it much trouble getting it to fit?

It wasn't any trouble at all. Once I removed the pour stub from the floor/tub, I compared its size to

the kit floor. Both were the same size. One area that could require extra effort is getting the resin

floor/tub to line up within the fuselage. The kit part has guides on the bottom that the resin part

does not have. I plan to transfer the locations of those guides and mark them on the new part to help

with alignment. The resin set does not include control sticks, and require the ones from the kit to

be used. The resin seats also fit pretty well.

Some progress for tonight; The cockpit parts have been washed and painted. The control sticks are also

in place.

P9020004.jpg

Thanks for looking.

Some progress from last night:

I painted the details on the cockpit parts prior to assembly. I still plan to do some final

touch-up and add Future to the gauges.

P9040003.jpg

The fuselage was also closed up last night. Due to warpage, it took some persuasion to

get the halves to line up. I still need to take care of the gap in the nose. The

cockpit is not firmly attached yet, but will be this evening.

P9040008.jpg

Tonight, I plan to start cleaning up the fuselage seams along with starting on the wings.

Thanks for looking.

Some more progress for today:

P9120013.jpg

I got all of the weapons pylons attached along with antenna blades that go in the dorsal and ventral surfaces. There are a

couple of humps that are to be painted black that I will attach once the paint is applied. I also attached the refueling

probe to the nose. Finally, the windscreen was attached along with the HUD glass inside the cockpit.

Some more shots:

P9120005.jpg

P9120007.jpg

P9120009.jpg

Thanks for looking.

For the last few days, the Tweet has been in the paint shop along with some small bits. The white in the gear wells is Floquil Reefer White while the rest is Model Master Enamels.

P9160027.jpg

Unfortunately, one pylon and a dorsal antenna blade broke off while I removed the masks and will be reattached. Also, some of the masks on the canopy came off and will need to be replaced. Overall, I am satisfied with the results so far. I also began work on a couple of fuel tanks and rocket pods that will attach to the pylons.

Thanks for looking.

Edited by stevearado