I've been looking forward to the start of this build.

I'm joining with the Eduard profipac kit. I bought it somewhat pre-enjoyed: some parts snipped off, the engine glued together (but not painted or with any of the PE attached) and one wing glued together sans ailerons and flaps.

eduard8226reviewbg_1_zpsp04mzrgf.jpg

This will be my first Eduard kit and I like how it comes with all the bells and whistles. I think this will also be a vast build as the real thing was painted blue on everything!

The cockpit is great! The prepainted PE is not identical to my cockpit green but it won't be noticeable once the pit is in the fuselage - the panel looks amazing:

75c267e2-de82-45e1-9e2c-963ae89115cb_zpsgxtsfr4l.jpg

9da0b697-8d92-4c55-bdb9-eede77babd70_zpsyvrczuii.jpg

9480ec4c-e2f5-4267-a857-99cf4d352b53_zpstutwzfd3.jpg

Hmmmm....sorry for the photo quality, I just wanted to post with my tablet. I'll use the real camera next time.

Edited by CorsairMan

The engine was certainly pre-enjoyed and was all glued together. Unfortunately this meant that the fitting of the PE ignition ring was not going to happen. I did paint it and I added the PE logo and data plate

IMG_0124_zpsqp3vprgl.jpg

IMG_0126_zpsr23geehx.jpg

I buttoned up the fuselage tonight and it went together fairly well. I also did up the wings. Its going together very well

The Eduard F6F Hellcat series is certainly one of my favourites... very impressive cockpit and no build issues that I recall. Biggest problem was fitting all those very small PE parts into the cockpit...break out the magnifier headset and the fine tweezers for sure.

I should have taken more time on the paint job with mine but I wanted to get this one on the shelf as it was so impressive a kit I rushed mine a tad.

Good luck - looking great so far.

CM had this kit at a build night at an LHS last night. He was applying decals. It looks even better in person. The photos don't do it justice. It is going to look very nice when it's finished.

Good work CM.

Mike

• 2 weeks later...

Hey everyone here is a small update

IMG_20151009_151958_zpsxqjp1z1s.jpg

I'm trying to get out of my modeling box and do some exhaust staining and some light chipping

I'll also do a couple other things. But I want this to be lightly weathered. Just a few weeks after delivery.