Since no one else has started a dedicated thread, I guess I'll put it out there. The season kicks off in another week or so. My pics for this year will be Seattle at the top of the NFC (no one else seems to be close). The AFC is a bit complicated. Toss up between Baltimore or Indy. I'm going to go with Indy. Luck has incredible potential, he's got an improved receiver corp and now that they have Gore, Indy also has a serious ground game. I'm also interested in seeing how Buffalo fares with Rex at the helm. The guy's a mouth but he is also (IMO) a talented coach who knows football.

I think the Pat's are going to struggle this year, with or without Brady serving that bogus suspension. Huge mistake letting Revis and Browner go, it gutted their secondary. They are back to the pre-2014 Patriots with a great offense but very limited ability to stop the long pass. It will be sufficient to get NE to the post-season but then it will be one and done. The only bright spot in their secondary is Malcolm Butler (forever loved by SEA fans) who looked much improved in the pre-season.

Good luck to all, let the best team win.

Go Pats / Free Tom!

Hmm...the Child Bludgeoners might defeat the Wife Beaters, but I think the Animal Abusers will edge in after defeating the Murderous Felons, following the mid season break. But Tax Evader will win out in the end, like he always does

Go Yankees!!!!!!!!!!!!

😀

Tim

Come on John. I'm just having a little bit of humor in this thread.

No harm, no foul!

I'm just not a football fan. Especially the fan of the team where I live!-(hint!--Bengals!)

They will always stink and they will always choke on a chickenbone when they get in the playoffs!

Tim

Edited by hawkwrench
  • 2 weeks later...

Nice to see some football again. Patriots looked ok but the score was misleading. If Pittsburgh hadn't made some big mistakes, it would have been a much closer game. NE still needs to get a functional secondary and some sort of pass rush. Seem like Ben had hours to stand in the pocket and throw the ball. It's interesting that Tom was able throw for 4 TD's with that ball inflated to such a high pressure. From all the talk out there, those under inflated balls gave him such a big edge. And yet.....

Despite their mistakes, Pittsburgh is going to be awesome once they get some of their key guys back.

Anyone else note that NBC decided it was more important to run commercials rather than show the point after kick attempt and (I believe) at least one kick-off?

On a TV note, some of those commercials were Superbowl quality. Pretty amusing, especially the Verizon "backup QB" and the GE computer geek ones.

Looking forward to Sunday.

...And of course ESPNs Mike&Mike (Jets fans), can't shut up about "HeadsetGate"; "This is not us reporting this but according to the Steelers web page..."

What a load. As if NE isn't under the most highly calibrated microscope ever, they're going initiate a "jamming" op right there in Gillette stadium.

Glad the NFL fixed the problem of those under inflated balls. And Tomlin, leave the "trick" plays to the professionals, huh...

and this;

11659362_1203517959658609_2498315571678506091_n.jpg

Edited by 82Whitey51

...And of course ESPNs Mike&Mike (Jets fans), can't shut up about "HeadsetGate"; "This is not us reporting this but according to the Steelers web page..."

ESPN is turning into a sad joke. One of their own columnists wrote a blog debunking many of the points of ESPN's latest "spygate" expose. A few hours after it was posted, some of those points strangely disappeared. When questioned about it, ESPN said it was simply "editing".

As far as headsetgate, gotta hand it to the Hoodie. Even though the NFL was responsible for the communication system (and they also terminated the Patriot's headsets once they were notified), this is undoubtedly all on Bill. Hope Wells is tanned, rested and ready. He needs to launch another investigation so we can get to the bottom of all this.

Even though the NFL was responsible for the communication system (and they also terminated the Patriot's headsets once they were notified)

Ohhh...but , no, when the NFL tech approached the Pats sideline, the headsets all started working again...BUT...as he walked away, the Steelers headsets went dead again!!

Definitely the Pats cheating! And Gronk is a cheater because his hands are too big.

On to Buffalo!

Edited by 82Whitey51

It'll be the Packers this year. However, if the referee payment checks get sent out on time, then it'll be the Seahawks. If neither team gets in, then HAIL TO THE REDSKINS!

Eric

I would have given the Packers a shot if Nelson was still healthy. Tough loss, I can't see how they'll rebound from that one. Plus, unlike NE, Seattle actually made some smart choices and improved this year. Don't see anyway, short of Wilson getting injured, that SEA won't make it back to the Superbowl.

I would have given the Packers a shot if Nelson was still healthy. Tough loss, I can't see how they'll rebound from that one. Plus, unlike NE, Seattle actually made some smart choices and improved this year. Don't see anyway, short of Wilson getting injured, that SEA won't make it back to the Superbowl.

James Jones (welcome back!) sure shone today, hopefully showing the Packers fans that the Pack will do just fine without Jordy.

Meanwhile THE BEARS STILL SUCK!!! :lol:

Beast mode didn't cut it. Marshawn stuffed on 4 and 1 in OT, cost SEA the game. What was Carrol thinking running Lynch??? LOL - Should have passed.

This poor schmuck can't catch a break.

Edited by 11bee

I know Payton hit for some TD passes Thursday but he just doesn't look right. I think this might be the curtain call for a guy who was probably one of the top QB's in the league.

NE is in for a tough game against Buffalo, Rex Ryan has always been able to give the Pats a challenge. Despite being a mouth, he's a smart coach and now that he is away from the train wreck known as the NY Jets, he's finally got a team with some talent.

I'm picking Buffalo by 10.

Probably? He's one of the best Qbs in history. Smh.

How many rings?

Kidding.. I know Payton is one of the best. Just hope that when his time comes, he goes out in style rather than like some other QB's who keep playing despite being nothing but a shadow of their old selves.

I know Payton hit for some TD passes Thursday but he just doesn't look right. I think this might be the curtain call for a guy who was probably one of the top QB's in the league.

NE is in for a tough game against Buffalo, Rex Ryan has always been able to give the Pats a challenge. Despite being a mouth, he's a smart coach and now that he is away from the train wreck known as the NY Jets, he's finally got a team with some talent.

I'm picking Buffalo by 10.

Tom Terrific. 466 yards 3 tds.

He's on a mission this year I believe.

Who knew the Browns would play like a football team!

Tom Terrific. 466 yards 3 tds.

He's on a mission this year I believe.

Yeah, so much for my Patriots prediction. If anyone saw it, it was one of the ugliest games in years. Crazy amount of penalties on both sides, cheap shots (mostly by Buffalo), fumbles, crap plays, etc. Hell, the Buffalo bench got called for unsportsmanlike conduct. And to top it off, after taking a blowout into the middle of Q3, the Patriots go to sleep and let Buffalo get within a single score.

15 minutes into the game, they showed a Buffalo fan passed out in the stands. He was the lucky one, the rest of us had to watch this trainwreck for another 45 minutes.

Hope that Buffalo player is ok though. Went out in an ambulance, listed as having a serious neck injury.

Edited by 11bee

Can we get rid of these "rules experts" on these broadcasts? They offer nothing besides getting their dumb faces on the tv. In general the broadcast announcers I heard today were appalling. Whoever the team was doing the Browns Ten gam was absolutely terrible. They seem like they don't have a clue what they're talking about and don't even seem like they're watching the game half the time. I wish there was an option to listen to the radio broadcast of one of the teams.