What a game! An incredible super bowl, surely one for the ages! A fantastic effort by both teams, Cam running away from his fumble at the end was a classic move. Talib showed again that he is one of the classiest players in the game. Payton* was on fire! You would almost think he was on something. Incredible effort by the 2nd best QB's in the game. He set yet another record (most missed 3rd downs in SB history). Sure to be remembered as one of the best games ever.

Kidding aside (except for the comments on Payton who just needs to retire), Von Miller is simply incredible. A well deserved MVP and kudos to Denver's D. They carried that team to the final game and then won it.

I'm going to drink some Bud and have a Poppa Johns to celebrate this one!

A win is a win and the Broncos are the National Champions. I guess in this case, the Broncos D did carry the game. I'm happy. :cheers:/>

As much as I have no love for the media, sports or otherwise, I wish Cam hadn't of walked off during the post-game interview. There's precious little US sports-wise content to listen to or watch here in the sandbox. Now the shows that are available to are going to pick apart this walk-off event ad-nausea. I am looking forward to see how the vast majority of taking heads who picked Carolina to win react to they're being wrong once again.

Congrats to the Broncos and their fans! One heck of a D in Denver!

And Cam...when you fumble the ball...especially in the SB...with your team still in the game with plenty of time on the clock...you may want to make some effort to try and get it back. Honestly dude...

:cheers:

What a game! An incredible super bowl, surely one for the ages! A fantastic effort by both teams, Cam running away from his fumble at the end was a classic move. Talib showed again that he is one of the classiest players in the game. Payton* was on fire! You would almost think he was on something. Incredible effort by the 2nd best QB's in the game. He set yet another record (most missed 3rd downs in SB history). Sure to be remembered as one of the best games ever.

Kidding aside (except for the comments on Payton who just needs to retire), Von Miller is simply incredible. A well deserved MVP and kudos to Denver's D. They carried that team to the final game and then won it.

I'm going to drink some Bud and have a Poppa Johns to celebrate this one!

I expect nothing less coming from a sour Pats fan.

Kind of a surprising game. I was expecting more of an explosive offense from Carolina and Cam Newton. I was also expecting more from the Broncos offensive side too. The game didn't really start moving until the defensive touchdown by the Broncos on the Newton fumble.

Denver kept stalling at the short game, not converting many chances, even in the same set of downs. Hard to say if the better team one. Talib certainly didn't help out the Broncos by being his typical self. Cam behaved like a child toward the end, and the walkoff from the post game commentary was tasteless. I hope he can be a man next year.

Edited by jester292

Snooze fest. So much so I went to bed halfway through the third quarter. Denvers defense gets all the credit. Paidton looked laughable again. The difference in balls thrown by each qb was astounding. Cam's came out like rockets while Paidton's floated and flopped through the air.

The real losers of this game were carolina's receivers and RBs. All the reports were true they can't catch a ball to save their life. Or when they do they just run straight out of bounds. What a bunch of softies. I would have been pretty frustrated as well if I were Cam Newton. He did as much as possible to give a big effort among being bludgeoned to death in the backfield.

Also god awful terrible officiating again. Why do we have replay? Why do we have chickenshit personal foul calls that are all subjective? These were the best officials they could find for the game?

I'll stick to watching college.

I expect nothing less coming from a sour Pats fan.

No sourness here, we all know that NE is the better team, they just had an unlucky break :)/>

If you really think last night was a great game, more power to you. It's impressive to watch Denver's D but that's about it. The rest of the game pretty much sucked. Horrible offensive play on both sides, Payton* was pathetic, a ridiculous number of penalties, coupled by classless acts by Talib, Manning* (wonder how much he got paid for his Bud spiel?) and Newton, this will be a Super Bowl that goes down as one of the worst. Love the trash talking today by Denver, way to stay classy boys.

Also, was it me or did Carolina start call it quits halfway through the game. Cam running away from his fumble was one of the worst plays of seen in years but even before that, Carolina looked sad. One of their recievers was wide open, caught a pass and got a good run. However, when he saw he was going to get tackled, he changed course and headed out of bounds, well before the Denver player even got near him. He gave up at least 5 yards to avoid taking a hit. Sad...

Didn't even have the benefit of watching good commercials. The ones I saw were horrible. The only exception was the Toyota Prius "High Speed Chase" one. That was awesome.

Edited by 11bee

I'm biased being a Denver fan, but I enjoyed every minute of it. Cam and company have the ability no doubt about it, but the NFC sucked this year and was riddled with weak defenses. Every once in awhile you can put together a Defense as solid as the Broncos and when you do you win championships regardless of who the QB is.

What we saw two very good defensive teams virtually hog tie both quarterbacks. The Denver secondary shut down all the wide outs, and this gave Denver's front four that two seconds they needed to crush Newton. I predicted a four point game going either way, and sure got that one wrong. Cam Newton was done with three minutes left in the first half. Why? I don't know. Could it have been that the Panthers took the game too lightly? Still giving Manning two weeks to prepare was a no no.

What we saw two very good defensive teams virtually hog tie both quarterbacks. The Denver secondary shut down all the wide outs, and this gave Denver's front four that two seconds they needed to crush Newton. I predicted a four point game going either way, and sure got that one wrong. Cam Newton was done with three minutes left in the first half. Why? I don't know. Could it have been that the Panthers took the game too lightly? Still giving Manning Phillips two weeks to prepare was a no no.

Fixed it ;-)

Also, was it me or did Carolina start call it quits halfway through the game. Cam running away from his fumble was one of the worst plays of seen in years but even before that, Carolina looked sad. One of their recievers was wide open, caught a pass and got a good run. However, when he saw he was going to get tackled, he changed course and headed out of bounds, well before the Denver player even got near him. He gave up at least 5 yards to avoid taking a hit...

Absolutely agree on all points. Some QB's go through the motions when the game doesn't go their way. They stare at the sideline towards the coach with their hands on their hips and that "wasn't me look" every time a play doesn't pan out. They point fingers at every other player but themselves. They lay on the field after taking a hit that extra few seconds instead of bouncing back up. They hang their heads in defeat on the field and on the sideline or they sit dejectedly alone on the bench. Cam Newton did all of this and it started for him early on in the game...THEE GAME...the SB for petes sakes!! Oh sure mistakes were made everywhere on the Panthers offensive side of the ball. He wasn't alone in his lackluster play. But great QB'S...Championship QB's...find a way to help their team battle even in the face of defeat. When he simply gave up on that fumble, didn't even help or TRY to help that was telling. I mean they were still in the game at that point and all he had to do was dive on it and eat it! Nope...he pulled up. If I were a Panthers fan I'd remember that.

Fixed it ;-)

Manning reads the defensive line like nobody else in the NFL. Nobody preps for a game like he does. Not my opinion, but from his opposition. Wade Phillips is a defensive mastermind, and there's no denying it. Yet Wade is rather lackluster as a headcoach.

gary