Academy's 1/48 MH-6 Stealth Helo

Morning everyone. This is more of an inquiry to see what others think. Has anyone built this particular model? If so, what are your thoughts? it is my understanding that this is a start if you desire to convert it into a more modern MH-6 using CMK conversion kits, but after doing some searching, figured I would ask on here to see what others thought.

Thank you for your time.

The Academy H-6 isn't a bad little kit, a little bare on the details, but it looks about right. All of their H-6 kits are pretty much the same plastic.

I may be wrong, but I think that the stealth Helo boxing has an obnoxious yellow canopy, so I would look at one of their other kits.

I made an AH-6J with the CMK resin. I lowered the skids, they are a bit high, and was not too excited about some of the CMK resin, I ended up using mini guns and rocket pods from other sources and the ECM bits weren't quite right and the decals were a nasty pea soup green, so I used Werner's Wing Night Stalker decalsBut overall it came together well and looks good.

I hope this helps.

mason

I agree with everything Mason says.

The biggest problem with the Academy MH-6 kit is the golden tinted clear parts. After that, the kit is actually a 500M-D TOW Defender. All the parts that will turn the model into an MH-6 or AH-6 will have to be scratch-built or taken from the CMK set. As Mason says, the skids are also too high and will need to be shortened. If I were you, I'd get one of the other versions of the MD500 kit from Academy and use that as a starting point.

LD.