I am very excited about this group build. I have wanted to do a THUD for some time now and this will give me the excuse to do it.

I got the Hobby Boss kit when Squadron had a really good sale a long time ago so I am starting with that. I have a number of other add ons including the Big Ed set and some of the Quickboost add ons. I will still try to pick up a set of the wingtips to get the formation lights right. I also have a set of Legend ejection seats. So we will see how it goes but I am excited to get started!

IMG_4166_zpsjbtfq1kc.jpg

I'll be interested to see this kit build as I built the Monogram kit about 30 years ago... (yikes! I could hardly believe the math on that myself). The Thud is a fast looking aircraft even when standing still.

Thanks for posting those picture ikar.

...a long, long time ago (the Monogram kit) ...I should probably build an improved version one day...but I'll see how your build goes first.

Cheers :cheers:/>

F-105G_10_zps26f761ea.jpg

I have a spare set of markings for "JB" 425, an F-105G with the 17th WWS flown by Capt's Jim Boyd and Kim Pepperell. It's called "NAADA" and has the sharks mouth along with 4 SAM markings on the port side under the windshield. It comes from the Superscale 48-323 sheet. There isn't any data markings or stencils but the basic markings are yours if you want something a little different. The story in the decal sheet says this plane flew the last Wild Weasel mission of the war.

Don