'82 Cavalier; your sporty beater!

They say you can’t go back again. However, that’s not entirely true when it comes to modelling! There’s always a chance to take another run at a kit that you might have botched up in your younger years. For me, such a kit is, of course, a loser car! In this case, it’s the MPC 1982 Cavalier!

Sure, you’re thinking that the Cavalier may not be worth re-doing, right? Well, as a car, you might not be wrong on that, but it’s a neat kit of a very important car. The Cavalier nameplate solidered on for a long time, and it’s one of those cars that literally seemed to be everywhere back in the day.

Check out my take on this “New for ‘82” Chevy and tell me what you think. If it makes you remember how bad things got, then I’ve done my job! 

https://adamrehorn.wordpress.com/model-kits/cars/125-mpc-1982-cavalier/

cavalier-028.jpg?w=640

Whee, not my day. Tried a couple of times to compliment the build and they keep going off to LALA land? Any way the build brought back a pretty bad era for American cars. When we went car shopping around 1982 we couldn't find anything we liked that we could afford. Bought a Mazda 626 diesel and it taught us a few things. Buy older used cars now. I'd like to have some models of cars we own and used to own but few of of them have models, a few more have diecasts but... Tis a pity about the wheels but I think to give it that older unloved look you need a bit of trash and litter. Think of the fun you could have with a four door with a car seat and the creative mess there! :)/>

A great model of a not all that great car!

Edited by sanmigmike