M-706 635th Security Police Squadron

Latest update.

I have added:

the padding panels to the interior

the longer seats to the side of the hull near the hatches and their supports

an interior light panel to the interior roof near the blast door opening

squared off the shock absorber attachment point near the rear hatch

made a second set of sliding gun port shields to the interior and included the necessary connecting bolt and locking knob

added lock down levers, handles, and trim to the interior of the hatches

added handles to the outside of the hatches

bolts for the fuel caps have been added and a small size chain will be added after painting

the instrument panel has been added and I made a combat starter and added the three levers to it

the interior is now painted skytype s and the cushion panels painted

the hull has been closed and the blast doors have their handles made and attached and are waiting for painting

I have to order the resin wheel set and when they arrive the main painting can start

I have some equipment and weapons and ammo cans ready to be loaded. The primary weapons will be the standard 2 M-60 machinegune and a XM-174 automatic grenade launcher that I made from a WWII Browning .30 caliber machinegun.

Today I put in my film for developing and assuming I have solved the puzzle of why I'm having trouble moving my new scans into photobucket, I should be posting them Tuesday or Wednesday.

63+1000000

Edited by ikar
  • 1 month later...

Scanning/photobucket problem solved. My old printer is trashed and my new one can make the scans into JPEG. This solves months of aggravation.

The interior has been corrected to show a Air Force XM-706.

The wheel well covers have been put together.

The engine compartment installed and auxillary output plug fitted in its side plate.

The shock absorber housing installed along with the mounting plates for the communication equipment, which we didn't have.

Seats modified or added where necessary.

Cushion pads added to the inside of the hull and the hatch panels.

Side bench seats added.

Interior gun port doors added to the hull.

Interior gun port doors, knobs, latches, and ribbing added to the hatches.

Parapit armor and weapon mounts added along with the blast doors.

Second bilge pump vent added.

Extra railings added to hatches and hull as needed.

Retaining bolts for fuel doors added, small chains to follow.

Scan0007_zpsrgphxpks.jpg

Scan0005_zpsrgkhzm7c.jpg

Scan0004_zpsrqzh6vi1.jpg

Scan0006_zpsxguni7oe.jpg

Scan0008_zpshhxy0ndl.jpg

Scan0003%202_zps4qek4epy.jpg

I didn't trust the rubber kit tires so I added the resin set.

This one is painted overall green and the hatches, mirrors, fuel cap retaining chain, and weapons and ammo are the only things remaining.

Well, there was:

scan0377.jpg

for one.

I have some ARVN figures so I might put a couple in too.

Normally we only put one G.I. to a Q.R.T. unit and the rest were Thai Guards. On rare occasions a second G.I. might be added but not often.

My first working day they put me with a Q.R.T. and the G.I. was responsible for me taking the armor course. I should put that one into the War Stories.

Would you believe I spent a couple hours looking for my gloss foil for the mirrors but now can't find the kit's mirrors. Fortunately we went through a good amount of them and used truck mirrors a lot. It wasn't unusual to see a vehicle with mismatched mirrors. Looks like I'll have to make a set or maybe only have one mirror.

• 2 weeks later...