A new 1/32 T-28 Trojan

So I see on Cybermodeler that Kitty Hawk has plans for a 1/32nd T-28 Trojan. That should be a nice size that even I would be interested. I am normally a 1/48th builder and I have not even picked up the Roden kit. I may go for this larger version.

Seems that Kitty Hawk has been getting better with each release. I can't really tell from the renderings if the IP will be PE but I hope not. Weapons included and it seems to indicate three different types of nose wheels. I should go start my research.

• 3 months later...

The jury remains very, very much out on all KH kits until the final product is seen. They've done some pretty decent stuff, but they've also (recently) done some real, true dogs. And even the good stuff is still nowhere near as intelligently and cleverly designed as kits from a lot of other manufacturers.

I look forward to picking up one or two. I already have 2 of KH's Texans and 1 of their P-39s. I plan to grab a Kingfisher as soon as budget allows.

I'm actually quite happy with what KH has done for the 1/32 prop fans. Some fun subjects not available from anyone else in this scale (at least in mainstream plastic format).

Since the P-39 has been released, and the T-28 is materializing and almost here, I look forward to seeing what else they might have coming down the line.

Weird, I wonder why they dropped the VT-5 sharkmouth aircraft? That was probably the most visually appealing one. Regardless, I'm looking forward to this kit. So many options out there. I hope this is a chance for KH to demonstrate that they have improved their game.

Edited by 11bee
Weird, I wonder why they dropped the VT-5 sharkmouth aircraft? That was probably the most visually appealing one.

Agreed. Glen hasn't replied to my query but perhaps Eli (Zotz Decals) is working on something?

I hope this is a chance for KH to demonstrate that they have improved their game.

I thought they had already shown a marked improvement with each release? I know Glen holds this subject dear so I doubt he would try harder.

Regards

Any "sneak peak" reviews out there?

Not yet. I do hope review samples are being sent out though. I was sent some CAD rendering a while ago which I posted and just realized I had a second set. No point in posting them now as the real kit is done and should be available for all to see soon enough. Without the shark mouth scheme, I need to wait for an aftermarket company to make the decals before putting down money.

Regards,

Weird, I wonder why they dropped the VT-5 sharkmouth aircraft? That was probably the most visually appealing one. Regardless, I'm looking forward to this kit. So many options out there. I hope this is a chance for KH to demonstrate that they have improved their game.

Probably because they realized at the last moment that it is a T-28C (with the tailhook and modified rudder). The kit is advertised as a T-28/D. I would be surprised if they did not tool an optional shortened rudder part to build the T-28C, we will need to wait and see.

At any rate, Caracal Models will be doing at least one T-28 sheet and if the kit includes the -C parts, I will certainly include this aircraft on the sheet.

Edited by KursadA