New AOA decals - 1/48 & 1/72 O-1 Bird Dogs in Vietnam

Larry this sheet was meant to cover primarily US O-1s, although a few VNAF options were included. It was never meant to encompass every operator of course in SE Asia.

I agree the O-1 would be ideal in 1/32. I'd suspect Kitty Hawk would be most likely to do it though rather than Roden.

• 2 months later...

Gary, your wish has been granted...

Scroll to the bottom page

my heart is pounding! I have an O-2 (civilian version) parked a couple miles north of me, as well as a Stearman. Working hard to get access to them. The guy that runs the airport is going to see if he can at least get me close to the Stearman. Now if we could get Revell to scale up the Stearman!

gary

Yes great news to have both the O-1 and O-2 in 1/32.

Will definitely be releasing the existing O-1 sheet in 1/32.

I remember seeing O-2's flying out thru the Que Son Valley in 68, but the O-1 was much more common. Both may have had a range problem when they got out to the border, as we saw OV-1's out there.

gary

• 10 months later...
1 hour ago, viking73 said:

Will the VNAF 1/32 O-1 sheet have the markings for the Bird Dog that landed on the Midway in 1975?

Thanks,

-Derek

No.

The 1/32 sheet thread with info and schemes can be seen here:

http://www.arcforums.com/forums/air/index.php?/topic/296245-new-decals-132-o-1-bird-dogs-in-vietnam-parts-1-2/

43 minutes ago, ziggyfoos said:

No.

The 1/32 sheet thread with info and schemes can be seen here:

http://www.arcforums.com/forums/air/index.php?/topic/296245-new-decals-132-o-1-bird-dogs-in-vietnam-parts-1-2/

Fair enough.  I should have done some research before I posted this, sorry! :rolleyes:

-Derek

• 5 months later...
4 hours ago, peter havriluk said:

Time is passing - - - but are there decals for other than Viet Nam era aircraft available?  I'm interested in the all-orange Arctic version and/or an OD airframe and yellow lettering 'US ARMY' version.

Thanks, folks.

Would've liked to have included some of the earlier Vietnam Army style markings but found they were O-1Ds and without a conversion (that I'm aware of in any scale), it was decided to skip them.

Print Scale also makes/made O-1 sheets, I know at least one is a yellow Army from the 50s.

5 minutes ago, peter havriluk said:

If anyone has a link to the Print Scale 1/48 Bird Dog decals Ziggyfoos mentioned, I'd love to have it.  I did a Google search and didn't turn them up. 

Much obliged.

I may have got it wrong. Thought they were 1/48 too but at the moment all I see are 1/72.

Hi there,

I'm getting a Hasegawa (Model Usa) O-1 using AOA sheet for example 57-6273. I've found some original pictures of the real aircraft and the kit is not so bad as well. Extra work is a must like in my latest project, Italeri O-2...

Alex

Rome (IT)

IMG_4405.jpg

IMG_4423.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
On ‎6‎/‎8‎/‎2017 at 0:02 PM, Aerodata.it said:

Hi there,

I'm getting a Hasegawa (Model Usa) O-1 using AOA sheet for example 57-6273. I've found some original pictures of the real aircraft and the kit is not so bad as well. Extra work is a must like in my latest project, Italeri O-2...

Alex

Rome (IT)

IMG_4405.jpg

IMG_4423.jpg

Wow!

That is an awesome build.  Stunning work there Alex.

• 3 months later...

Coming back to this thread, this is my WiP of O-1E with AOA decals sheet. Exciting project!

36855770916_a09c9e6c36_c.jpg

36208911734_9a08a13234_c.jpg

36208909164_9272819dfa_c.jpg

36873098482_1fc40cc8b9_c.jpg

Sorry for legends in Italian language, I got them for the included brochure during competition (...I hope so!)

Ziggyfoos, if you have hidden details or pictures about 57-6273, it's time to show us!

Alex, Rome (IT)

Edited by Aerodata.it