Wow an oldie but a goodie. I had forgotten about those markings. They are great. I think in some part of my brain I recall seeing these released in 1/48. Maybe by Scalemaster? Old and out of print so probably a good subject to do now.

I'm not likely to forget them. I helped to develop the design.

We went out to get some shots of them and the T-33s with the temperature sitting at 80 below. My friends camera froze up on him during the shoot. I went through I don't remember how many Monogram F-15 kits as I presented completed variations to the squadron Commander.

I think the decals were made by Bare Metal and I mat still have a set somewhere.

Edited by ikar

The was taken in about may 1984. Some say the Snow is a dead give a way, most of the time it's just too cold to snow.

I took the hanger pictures during the ceremony to accept the F-15 as our F-106 replacement. Afterwards everyone went outside to watch one of the visiting F-15s do a demo flight in 60 below temperatures. We had people from Canada, possibly some of them from our sister squadron, 416 on hand. They had been talking about their getting the F-18. I just walked back to my office, I had seen demos before at Kadena, but the sound was much more impressive in high sub zero temps.

I've asked this before... Anyone ever see a picture of a Tyndall F-15 from the mid-80's with the flag on the tail (like the previous F-106?) It was very short lived, and here's a Photoshop image I did to show approximately how it looked.

It'd be nice to see some Tyndall F-15's Kursad smile.gif

1-1.jpg

I've asked this before... Anyone ever see a picture of a Tyndall F-15 from the mid-80's with the flag on the tail (like the previous F-106?) It was very short lived, and here's a Photoshop image I did to show approximately how it looked.

It'd be nice to see some Tyndall F-15's Kursad smile.gif

1-1.jpg

The early F-15 sheet will have some Tyndall markings, although I have never seen a photo with the flag. It would be cool if we could find one.

Fun time, wasn't it?

If you have a set of those decals you can tape them to a window far a time to get rid of the yellow as the sun bleaches it out.

You will also see our names on the instruction sheet.