Space Shuttle Discovery STS-41D

While waiting for my New Ware LM stuff to arrive I went to the basement and got the started Revell Shuttle out that came with the tower kit. I remenbered the really bad fit and the tons of putty required for a smoth finish. So last night I re-glued the main structure and put some more putty, now green, on. The orbiter now does not look too bad and I may carry on getting the tank and boosters up as well. This morning I called Revell Germany for decals...I will receive a new set in about 2 weeks. In the mean time...is there a tile decal sheet that can be recommened that is available? What I have seen if the "Warbird Decals" does not convince me too much, the tiles seem to be too big.

cheers

Uwe

PS: Tower stuff for sale...but best within Germany or at least Europe. Cheap... :-)

Egt95- I used to have the paper kit but that was 6 years and 3 moves ago so we all know where that kit is. I honestly don’t know if I’ll scratchbuild the whole tower but I definitely want to make the height correct. I’ll refer to Manfred’s build to get the correct dimensions. I’m not too worried about the correct width of the FSS because .25” isn’t that noticeable I would think. I wish we had more than a Hobby Lobby and Michaels where I live because getting styrene strips is pretty hard when you kind of need to see them in person. Thankfully I have all of y’all fine folks to ask for help along the way. 

Ill post as as much as I can when building. Life is pretty fast going for me because I work offshore for a month at a time and come home for only 10 days. So between being a single dad with a 3 year old running around I spend as much time with her as I can plus spending time with friends and family. My model building gets put off until my daughter settles in to bed. On the plus side of things; she loves to help be build models along with sharing my passion for airliners and spacecraft so I might get her a little snaptite shuttle stack for her to build while I do my complete STS-135 build. 

• 1 month later...

Well. I managed to finish the second platform of my tower. Now on to the third. 

I’m watching closely at LVM Studios as they were working on the launch tower for the Saturn V rocket. If and when that becomes available, that may shift my plans for this project. Of course, I’ll probably be done with it by the time it is available. 

Mike

Hi Mike,

maybe  you will have seen Leon's answer in my LUT Thread, who said, that their LUT project is still alive and he hopes in the near future to bring the Mobile Launcher Apollo Saturn kits to reality ...  up040577.gif

Edited by spaceman
  • 4 months later...