My entire "fleet" of models is aircraft of the "Vietnam era," so I can't resist this. I'll be building a Fairchild C-123B Provider (Roden kit #0056) in 1/72 scale, as flown out of Laos by Air America in the early 1960s. This is my first group build, so be gentle ... . This will also get me started taking and uploading photos, but that's going to have to be later. Good luck, all.

• 4 weeks later...

My entire "fleet" of models is aircraft of the "Vietnam era," so I can't resist this. I'll be building a Fairchild C-123B Provider (Roden kit #0056) in 1/72 scale, as flown out of Laos by Air America in the early 1960s. This is my first group build, so be gentle ... . This will also get me started taking and uploading photos, but that's going to have to be later. Good luck, all.

Love the Provider! Can't wait to see the build

I took this at Dover A.F.B. in 1973 between S.E.A. tours. In this case they were supposed to be spraying for bugs.

But, how many spray aircraft did they have to begin with and was this a returned Ranch Hand ship? Who knows. From what I hear those aircraft remained contaminated for some time afterward.