Installed the interior parts with the pilot in his seat. A word of warning, the rear cabin wall requires a lot of work to get it to fit right. Here you can see it is out of place.None of the engine will be seen so it has been left unfinished.

Chris M

pict0001_zpsj30gjwij.jpg

Edited by Chief Snake

Installed the interior parts with the pilot in his seat. A word of warning, the rear cabin wall requires a lot of work to get it to fit right. Here you can see it is out of place.None of the engine will be seen so it has been left unfinished.

Chris M

pict0001_zpsj30gjwij.jpg

You are a braver man than me, Chris! That pilot seat looks just like a giant version of the 1/72 Italeri pilot seat to me. interesting.

Ray

You are a braver man than me, Chris! That pilot seat looks just like a giant version of the 1/72 Italeri pilot seat to me. interesting.

Ray

I have never seen the 1/72nd Italeri kit so I can't say they are the same. These kits first appeared in 1993 so if someone copied someone else that date could indicate it. The seats mimic the armored seat but the Koreans who designed it must not have understood how an original B seat differed from the later armored seat. Photos indicate the HAL-3 aircraft got armored seats.The picture used to fashion the pilot shows him sitting in the armored seat. I was told by the individual who tasked me with this was to just build a UH-1B looking helicopter in HAL-3 markings as the lady getting the model has no clue about accuracy in detail.

Chris M

• 2 weeks later...

Nice work, Chris.

That pilot looks really happy. I like it!

PS. Where in MD are you? I'm on the east side of Rockville.

I did not paint the figure, it was done by the individual who asked me to make the model. He's presenting it to the daughter of the pilot. Remarkably, in the photo used to fashion him out he is smiling very broadly. I live in Crofton.

Chris M

Nice! I will be paying attention to this build. I have the same kit and plan on doing a HAL-3 bird as well. And when I build mine I am not going to worry about accuracy at all either. I am going to build it, have fun, and load it down with guns!!!!

Brandon

Edited by Bravosierra001

Thanks Ray. This is third one of these I have built and this one was a bit more bothersome. None of three has built the same, this one had distortion in the cabin area, a collapse of sorts. The roof bowed down and the windshield area was wider. If you want a nice B model, this kit can get you there.

Chris M