Hello

Here is my rendition of Kitty Hawk's 1/32 Sabre Dog. Build it out of the box with only some brake lines added. Even used the kit decals. For me this was a speed build as it only took 5 months to complete wink.gif

F-86D_final_zpskcuojuvg.jpg

F-86D_final-9_zps5kc3jql7.jpg

F-86D_final-5_zpsaq9cgql9.jpg

F-86D_final-8_zpsgl7qwmum.jpg

F-86D_final-7_zpsjrpycstw.jpg

F-86D_final-13_zpsr3pwfphd.jpg

F-86D_final-12_zpsqqff1dwk.jpg

F-86D_final-11_zpsrbezg6zy.jpg

F-86D_final-16_zps6risgko3.jpg

Best regards,

Eric

Thx everyone

Just an outstanding build. I really love your NMF and how you weathered it. Can you shed some light on to the type of finish, and how you went about weathering it so convincingly?

Joel

Joel, i'll give it a try and will describe step by step how i went about.

1. I used Mr Color Super Metallic en Alclad 2 for the metal parts.

2. Tamiya paints where used to paint the red band around the nose and tail, and also the anti glare shield and black nose.

3. A sharp knife was used to chip some paint of all these colored parts, except for the nose off course .

4. Put on the kit decals without a varnish coat because the silver was smooth enough. And the decals reacted pretty good to the DACO decal softener i use.

5. Then came a coat of Tamiya XF86 flatt clear to blend everything together.

6. I made a mix of Tamiya XF10 flat brown and XF14 flat black. This mix, diluted 1 part paint to 9 parts thinner, was used for post shading the panel lines.

7. Next came a wash of Migs blue black.

8. Followed by some streaking of the underside and selected parts (hinges and some access panels) for which i used oil paints (raw umber, burnt sienna and burnt umber).

9. Some touch ups were made with Karisma pencils silver and black lead.

I hope this makes sense to you. If not, let me know and i will try to clarify things.

Eric

Eric,

Thanks for the weathering process. I've always shied away from using acrylics for washes, rather I use plain old MM enamels with thinner since I seal with Windsor & Newton's Acrylic gloss and matt varnishes.

Joel