Hi all people!

Ok,in the past days my airbrush was kept busy,as I worked incessantly on a medieval war horse for a collector and the camouflages for both my A-4 and F-100,but finally the basic color are on the model!

The pics.

As visible,some painting job was necessary in areas like gear and speedbrake wells,cannon panel,dielectrical ,etc...but before continue in something else I need to do the step that scar me more of all,the scorched effect of the AB' fuselage section...I cross my fingers!

Like always thanks for watching and feel free of comment!

Gianni

the AB schorched effect turned out very good, I keep thinking your build is really in 1/72 scale!! What's amazing model when it in final stage! :thumbsup: looking super 'kurnass77' :cheers:

let_models :)

Good day all people;

John,,glad you like my build.

In the past days I started to decaling the model,but as I've previously said,the CAM stencils was a (partially) nasty surprise.

The sheet itself is very good,with a good and almost complete selection of stencils,despite in my opinion more NMF-oriented.

The black ones worked very fine,reacting very well to the softener solution,look the photo ( also note that I painted in steel the gun muzzle panels).

Jo9Ed1.jpg[/url][/img]

But when I start apply the colored ones,I discovered that was out of register,look at the seat warning triangle.

CM8sGW.jpg[/url][/img]

So,I scavenged my stash to search decals that can save the day and find these.

w6WYsF.jpg[/url][/img]

Between the most useful was the Trunpeter from the Thud kit,that help me with the ejection seat triangles and the Academy from the F-15E box that provided the generic stencils,both in black and red, for the nose area.The latter are pratically unreadable,so I wasn't concerned about where to place them.

Again,the Printscal F-4 data stencils sheet provided me the yellow anchor point stencils.

But all this isn't enough,'cause I had to cut and past the Academy decals to obtain what I need,and I had still solve how to represent the red circles of the canopy lock and in the AB section;for this I reverted to the punch & die and a Bafra sheet that I use for these kind of job to obtain the bigger and the RoG F-16B sheet for the smallers.

N80Xt6.jpg[/url][/img]

And the result;also the yellow circles was obtained with the punch & die.I'm lucky enough to have the "custom" decals confom almost perfectly to the panel lines.

Another note:I think that the warning triangle are a little oversized,but I'm pretty happy with the result and surely don't lost sleep for this!

NrqS9H.jpg[/url][/img]

u55MbM.jpg[/url][/img]

The Wolfpak sheet "In country" provided the airframe specific marking,"El viejo cazador" of the 510th TFS;the decals work flawlessy (I've some Wolfpak sheet and used some in the past so I as very confident about the result);I've only a observation and a head-up about the decals,the star and bars's blue look a little bit light than the real,but I'm confident with the successive weathering etc.. that I 've yet to apply that will not be very notable in the final model,and the "EL VIEJO CAZADOR" goes cut in two and the word "Cazador" relocated slightly to the right of "El Viejo"'s half as I can determine from one image I found in Internet.

syrBwm.jpg[/url][/img]

As evident from the above pics,I added with plasticard the latches of the big nose panels as the Trumpy boys simply made four rectangular holes instead of the real things.I noted the error only at this stage but it is fixable anyway.

And a general views,note that I've still add the fin codes.

jifcja.jpg[/url][/img]

05CaaW.jpg[/url][/img]

Opwj4m.jpg[/url][/img]

And that's all for today,sorry for the long and tedious bla bla bla of this post,but I think was necessary to illustrate what I done and maybe easy the work for someone else that will build a similar Hun.

As always thanks for watching and feel free of comment!

Gianni :cheers:/>

• 2 weeks later...

Hi guys,

a little update to maintain live the topic:

Remember the new nose panel latches?

Ok,I masked and painted the parts and...

QGEOBs.jpg[/url][/img]

...the result.

hZS7se.jpg[/url][/img]

I added a Tamiya Smoke on selected panels as a first weathering step and the model look this way.

3JOPLm.jpg[/url][/img]

8Qt9z9.jpg[/url][/img]

vnEBuk.jpg[/url][/img]

The lower surfaces received also the panel wash;I programmed weather the model as a combat-hardened veteran and from the various pics I've the most serviced panels,and the cannon ones in particular,show a very heavy weathered appearance, so the road is still long!

Dauxio.jpg[/url][/img]

Last the Mk-82s;I wasn't satisfact with the Daisy Cutters fuses as look bend and out of axis,so I replaced the original with new in brass.

EDpd7B.jpg[/url][/img]

Now I put the model in standby To focus on my IAF Skyhawk for the A-4 GB,but I will continue very soon so stay tuned for progress.

Like always thanks for looking,

Gianni

• 3 weeks later...

Hi all gents,some time passed from my last update...

Ok the model is complete of panel wash and weathering.

zhGdRe.jpg[/url][/img]

Dvh6vE.jpg[/url][/img]

5boxBs.jpg[/url][/img]

But I think that the panel wash on the greens is probably a bit light,who do you think guys?

See next two pics.

YdZRpc.jpg[/url][/img]

fg7nfe.jpg[/url][/img]

Conversely,I'm quiet happy with the result on the belly area;I add a very strong weather effect on the panel more serviced by the groundcrew,especially those of the cannons and the relative muzzles.I know that can be a little overdo fo most people,but on .f-100.org you can see how much an Hun can be dirty,and I love dirty planes!

This is also the area that busy me very much in order to pop out all the detail of wheels and speedbrake bays.

The pics.

mxgGPl.jpg[/url][/img]

g8Q8XT.jpg[/url][/img]

And that's all;with the finish line in sight,I started think if add another build,maybe a MiG-17...

Thanks all for watch and feel free to comment.

Gianni

Excellent work, Gianni. I love that you even put some tiny little stencils on those black boxes in the wheelbay. As for the wash on the greens, I think it looks fine. What did you use for the main camouflage colors, btw?

Hi all guys,this's the last update before finishing the model.

As mentioned in tha last post I've matt coated the model.

inmB2n.jpg[/url][/img]

0fufcX.jpg[/url][/img]

BM8ans.jpg[/url][/img]

The weathering in the cannons area;I tried to replicate the effect showed on this image.with a combination of oils and acrilics used with a fine brush (panels edge chipping) and a sponge

KHyK6A.jpg[/url][/img]

'Till now the build go ahead slowly but smoothly but when I used some Tamiya tape over the pilot name to scribe a lost panel line...

PsxMe5.jpg[/url][/img]

I can save only small portion of the stripped decal from the tape,so armed of patience,a fine brush and some acrilics I hand painted the lost letter and the relative purple portion.

Not the best but I think that the day was saved!

Next I handpainted the canopy and windshield seals...

R7dbjV.jpg[/url][/img]

...and added the last details as per reference

V67rB9.jpg[/url][/img]

End part one

Edited by kurnass77

Part two.

At this point the time to work out the legs.

First a global view of all the parts to glue(!).

cQMn3o.jpg[/url][/img]

For the Hun,I choose an unhortodox approach for the landing gears;for first I glued the bigger doors of the MLG 'cause the need to easy the fit of the hidraulic lines.

The first was the black ones that run from the MLG bay to the aferomentioned doors (left image) followed by the scratched (the carpet monster strike back)doors actuator(right image).

QK6HiX.jpg[/url][/img]

Next the speed brake,again for the same reasons.

2ctJX3.jpg[/url][/img]

And finally the landing gears (I don't take pics of the MLG small doors installed).

FzTgEO.jpg[/url][/img]

And the baby now on his legs

ginKjb.jpg[/url][/img]

76MDPQ.jpg[/url][/img]

And with external stores finished...

DFon6s.jpg[/url][/img]

...I can start the final assembly.

More pics ASAP,like always thanks for watching and left me know who do you think!

Cheers,

Gianni.

HI guys,

as promise the model is done.

First,I glued in place the ejection seat and the canopy;thanks to the previous job/dry fit and the use of the brass rod,the canopy slide in place flawlessy at the correct angle ( more or less) and with little glue,

WvRsxI.jpg[/url][/img]

Next,the addition of the various antennas,nav light,static discharger,etc...,all scratched.

HyQOzQ.jpg[/url][/img]

And now the model finished!

lMvbOU.jpg[/url][/img]

cQqBwj.jpg[/url][/img]

oMaYZf.jpg[/url][/img]

xDgKCi.jpg[/url][/img]

More pics in the finished section,

thanks all for watching,

Gianni

• 1 year later...
  • 4 weeks later...