Hello,

Here is my entry for this GB: A 1/72 F-117A in 2006, pretty much at the end of its (official) lifetime. I will use the Idolmaster kit along with TB decals (using the kit decals was not an option ;)/>)

It will be built in-flight.

The subject (Picture for illustrative purposes only, will remove if requested)

20759845004_037485aff8.jpg

The box:

20761226843_552cb1563d.jpg

The contents, including the white sprue which represents the bomb bay. I will not use it though, I want my bird to show off its fancy shape in full.

21194201850_f2342211cd.jpg

Kit decals, my daughter loves them :)/>...

21393679941_cbb8e37816.jpg

...but I will use these ;)/>

21390631031_3010a18477.jpg

Cheers,

Arnaud

Edited by arnobiz

That kit offers an interesting version of the F117. :jaw-dropping:

I have to agree with you that the Two Bob's decals are probably more appropriate for the GB, although there is a small voice in my head saying do it OOB. :woot.gif:

One of the ugliest, in my opinion, jets ever made but boy did it do it's job well. I had the job of guarding one overnight when there was an airshow here in Ottawa MANY years back. The USAF had a condition that the aircraft had to be guarded 24/7. Being low man on the totem pole, guess who drew that duty. I have an old photo somewhere of my cruiser parked in front of the aircraft while inside the hangar where I was guarding it. I'll try to dig it up and post it.

Good luck with your build.

Mike

Great, thanks for sharing! Interesting that the Air Force does not bring its own protection detail. Maybe not allowed in foreign countries?

The box indeed has an interesting scheme, not my cup of tea though :)

I have done progress on the cockpit, will post more tomorrow.

Arnaud

• 2 weeks later...

Great, thanks for sharing! Interesting that the Air Force does not bring its own protection detail. Maybe not allowed in foreign countries?

Sort of. The U.S.A.F. could have brought as many people that they wanted to guard it. They just couldn't carry weapons outside their jurisdiction. The aircraft was stored in a hangar that wasn't part of, what was then, C.F.B. Ottawa South (Uplands) and due to regulations, the Military Police had no jurisdiction either. Consequently, guarding the aircraft fell to the police service of jurisdiction and that was the former Gloucester Police Service (now part of the Ottawa Police Service). I had the overnight shift starting at 1900 hrs until 0700 hrs. Got to meet a few of the ground crew and the pilot. Very nice folks and very thankful that no harm came to their airplane.

• 2 weeks later...