F-16/F-15 Aces II

What is the best resin seats for the Tamiya F-16 and Revell F-15E kits? I have heard Quickboost does not fit the Tamiya kits and on the F-15E the cockpit is deep, the kits seats have plastic parts on the bottom to make them sit higher. There is Aires but not sure how they fit. Also find it funny how all AM companies have a different size ejection seat in resin, is 1/48 not 1/48, how can they all differ? Maybe it is just best to get Eduard PE as I don't think the kit seats are that bad and may look nice dressed up with all the PE.

... and on the F-15E the cockpit is deep, the kits seats have plastic parts on the bottom to make them sit higher.

Ejection seats in modern jets generally don't sit on the floor. As an example in the F-15 the seats are left full up between flights and there is probably a foot of space between the bottom of the seat and the cockpit floor.

Regards,

Murph

Ejection seats in modern jets generally don't sit on the floor. As an example in the F-15 the seats are left full up between flights and there is probably a foot of space between the bottom of the seat and the cockpit floor.

Regards,

Murph

Yup seats have been electrically adjusted since the 60/70s so I guess the height diff would be depending on where the seat was left by the last pitter when the resin companies showed up. Or they might have been measured off a removed seat at airshows and such, hence the full down height on many resin seats I see.

Where can we get them in the UK?

We're the only sellers, we do ship international.

Sierra Hotel Models

I just got some restock but I will not turn on the links till I get everything packaged, I do have the "Late" seats.

Curt

Edited by Netz

Only nice pilots raise the seats.....

Yessir, that's absolutely correct. You make a fist and put it on top of your helmet. Raise the seat slowly with a toggle switch until you feel your hand touch the canopy. When you are cinched down in the seat, your helmet will rarely hit the canopy. I've had my helmet hit the canopy on occasion, but no big deal.

My worst experience with a seat was my own screw up. I failed to notice on my thru flight that the oxygen hose had fallen between the seat and the right console, and for some reason the pilot didn't hook up to his mask before engine start and lowered his seat on it. so I had the #2 engine running, and i'm laid across the pilots lap trying to un-wedge it because we were afraid it would crack the metal end of the CRU hose if he moved the seat up or down. I got my behind chewed a little bit for that one..... Thats one thing I have never thought to look at is the gap between the seat and the consoles in 1/48. Theres only about 1.5 inches on either side on an F-15, and MAYBE in inch on an F-16. At least on an F-15 the front seat could be raised without removing the canopy.

• 2 years later...

Just found this thread. The Sierra Hotel seats look really nice as I contemplate my next Tamiya F-16 build. Can somebody explain which of the various versions they offer go with which Vipers? At some point I'll be doing an aggressor Block 32 (2001) and a Block 50. I'm also a bit confused about the different configurations -- loose harness, stowed harness and crew ready -- that SH offers. It's hard to see the differences in the photos at their site.

Thanks!

Pip

Edited by seawinder

Does anybody have an answer to the question I posted above? Sierra Hotel offers three configuations for F-16 ACES II seats -- loose belts, stowed belt, and crew ready belts. They've also got early and late F-16 styles, although the late ones seem to be out of stock. So I'm wondering what are the visible differences between the three configurations (since it's pretty hard to see from the photos at the Sierra Hotel web page) and which one is the most appropriate to use in a parked plane.

Thanks!

I have never seen any SH resin in stock, 

But Loose belts would be after disembarking at the end of a mission, Crew Ready would be the belts draped so they are easy to connect, Stowed Belts are for back seats when no one are occupying it.

Cheers

H.

6 hours ago, Winnie said:

I have never seen any SH resin in stock, 

But Loose belts would be after disembarking at the end of a mission, Crew Ready would be the belts draped so they are easy to connect, Stowed Belts are for back seats when no one are occupying it.

Cheers

H.

Me too. Nice looking stuff....but rarely have what I would like. Ridiculous.